Raytheon Intelligence, Information, and Services (IIS) is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer to join our team in support of the U.S. Air Force Cobra Dane Contract.
The Cobra Dane Contract sustains the Cobra Dane ground based Radar. The Cobra Dane program is seeking a Lead Systems Engineer to support this Contract. As a Sr. Systems Engineer your duties will include, but not be limited to: create, manage and maintain the Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective action analysis and deliverables, author, manage and maintain CDRL artifacts to include Interface documents, design documents, DoDAF architecture artifacts and technical manuals. and support the System Safety Program Plan and Cyber Risk Management Framework (RMF) support. The Sr. Systems Engineer will also perform all aspects of requirements management to include requirements elicitation, decomposition, tracing and verification for complex, large scale Radar System.
· Familiarity and experience with Ground Based Radar systems
· Bachelors degree and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
· Experienced in performing system engineering, analytical, and problem solving activities using structured problem solving techniques
· Proven experience authoring technical documentation
· Proven experience in all phases of Requirements (hardware and software) management
· Experienced conducting briefings and participating in technical meetings with internal and external users.
· Experienced with Microsoft Office product suite.
· Must have a minimum Secret clearance.
· Experience and familiarity with the Cobra Dane system
· Experience with Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS)
· Field experience supporting military installations and equipment
· Experience with Common Product Data Management System (cPDM)
· Thorough understanding of systems engineering practices and the system lifecycle
· Ability to understand and apply commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the systems engineering field such as INCOSE CSEP, ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288 or Mil-Std-499B
· Ability to manage multiple tasks, positively influence team members, establish and maintain excellent customer relationships, and deliver positive results.
· Ability to communicate within the company, prepare and deliver presentations/summaries (both verbal and written), which appropriately address the intended audience.
· Experience providing technical direction and review of supplier development activities including development of supplier statement of Work (SOW), conducting design reviews, developing engineering change proposals
· Flexibility to support a wide range of technical product lines beyond ground based radars to include fixed and mobile surveillance systems, land and airborne, EO/IR and RF ISR sensor integration
Candidates will be considered at the G10 and G11 grades
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.