Raytheon IIS/GIS provides Operations and Maintenance support for the Intelligence Community
Raytheon is currently seeking an Operations EngineerI to support Satellite Operations. Satellite Operations Engineer will operate systems requiring technical knowledge of the software applications and data source processing aspects of the system. Applies near real-time technical problem solving skills. Monitors near real-time status of the system. Provides near real-time operational response to system alerts and changes in the system environment including system reconfiguration, data analysis, and data reporting. Performs and documents preliminary evaluation of system problems. Advises and assists in effecting design changes to improve operational efficiency and/or reduce cost of operations. Documents and maintains operational event logs and records. Utilizes technical training and/or equivalent technical experience to evaluate system performance and enhance system operation and data processing capabilities.
Will work in a closed environment where frequent and direct interaction and collaboration with customers and peers is ordinary.Required Skills:
Qualified applicants may be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information. An active TS/SCI SSBI security clearance and U.S. Citizenship requiredDesired Skills:
- Must have a BS Degree in a related engineering field or possess a minimum of 8 years of equivalent experience in the field in lieu of a degree
- Must have knowledge or experience performing satellite mission support in a near real-time operations environment
- Must have experience monitoring satellite activities
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be able to perform work in the near real-time decision-making environment and successfully complete the Operations Certification Process
- Must be able to work 12-hour rotating shifts
- Must be able to work in a small team environment
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm under pressure
- Must be able to distinguish the difference between colors on a computer monitor (specifically red, blue, white and green)
- Must be available to work overtime with short notice and fill in for other crew members as required
- Experience in related field
- Typically prior military experience is helpful
- Experience working in direct support of customers
- Experience working with direct and frequent customer interaction
- Ability to control data flow in a methodical and disciplined manner
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with CI Poly - Current
Relocation Eligible: No
Technical, Warfighter Support Services, All