Raytheon IIS/GIS provides Operations and Maintenance support for the Intelligence Community
Job Description: Sr. Systems Operator. Member of an Operations and Maintenance (O&M) crew on a rotating 12-hr shift schedule. Reporting to the on-shift crew lead and the O&M OPS manager, the Systems Operator will be responsible for 24/7 real-time monitoring of a complex hardware/software system including normal maintenance activities and problem response/resolution. Must be able to recognize and react both as part of a crew and independently to problems in a timely manner to ensure system safety and availability. In addition to system monitoring/control duties, the systems controller will assist the O&M organization in other engineering and operations tasks commensurate with the grade level.
The selected candidate is required to successfully complete an operator training and certification class including classroom instruction with written and oral exams, simulator and OJT phases.
The Systems Operator must be able to sit a rotating 12-hour shift schedule with restricted breaks from the monitoring workspace. The System Operator will interface with internal and external customers, and represent the program during off-hours. U.S. citizenship and the ability to obtain and retain the appropriate clearance are required.
Required Skills: - Current SSBI clearance and ability to retain is required.
- Ability to work a non-traditional work schedule. Requires working 12-hour shifts, nominally four days on and then four days off, including dayshifts, nightshifts, weekends, and holidays.- Background/experience in one or more relevant engineering disciplines
- Familiar with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Good communication, coordination and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain operational procedures, products and training materials as required.- Self-motivated ability to complete assigned tasks under minimal supervision.
- Ability to make decisions under high pressure to sustain basic system operations.- Experience with hardware and/or software systems used for real-time system control.
- Experience with Radio Frequency (RF), Digital, Power, Thermal, Control and/or Communication systems design and operational use.- Comfortable working with Linux or other OS’ at the command interface level- Knowledge of networking protocols, NIS/NIS+, LDAP & NFS- Ability to work within a multi-contractor "badgeless" team environment
- Ability to travel- Exceptional attention to detail- Self motivating with the ability to proactively complete assigned tasks
- Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in a Technical, Engineering or Scientific discipline plus 4 years of experience.
- Familiarity with the current program, a similar program and/or an operational site environment are a plus.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with CI Poly - Current
Relocation Eligible: No
Technical, Warfighter Support Services, All