IIS Information Technology (IT) Security is seeking an IT Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst (First/Second/Third Shift) to join our IIS IT Security team. The IT SOC Analyst may be assigned to work in our internal Security Operations Center as well as customer Security Operations Centers. Assignments may be domestic and international. The position will be responsible for the following:
- Tier 1 security event monitoring and device oriented activities in the SOC with guidance of short-term projects such as upgrades, migrations and implementations on the part of the tier 3 and 4 staff.
- Services monitored and delivered include, but are not limited to SIEM, IDS/IPS, Firewall, Web Content Filtering, Data Leak Prevention (DLP), Proxy, and Security Event Correlation and Reporting to appropriate Tier 2 incident handling staff or relevant sources to determine increased risk to the business.
- Monitor IT defense perimeter and scanning infrastructure and communicate security events and incidents to applicable Computer Emergency Response Team personnel and/or management.
- Monitor and analyze the output from various security perimeter monitoring devices and recommend security actions per procedures where required.
- Perform reviews/audits of mixed Unix and Microsoft Windows environments, including network devices, databases, web services, and enterprise applications.
- Coordinate with infrastructure support teams to maintain/trouble shoot defense perimeter and monitoring integrity.
- Provide SOC services and consulting for domestic and international clients as required in support of Raytheon customers.
- Working rotational shifts (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- DoD 8570 Information Assurance Training Certification
- Server + or Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Must have current Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain up to a Top Secret
- U.S. Citizen in possession of a valid unexpired U.S. Passport
- Conversant with security concepts and techniques
- At least 2 years of experience with demonstrated knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, topology, and security), operating systems (Windows/UNIX), and web technologies (Internet security)
- Ability to read and understand system data, including, but not limited to, security event logs, system logs, and firewall logs.
- An ability to work weekends, holidays, or alternate non-traditional schedules and shifts.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment
- Experience developing and documenting processes and procedures related to IT security operations. Experience with one or more of the following classes of tools: Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Firewalls, SEIM systems, Insider Threat / Data Leak Prevention (DLP) monitoring systems, Anti-Virus systems
- Experience configuring and fine tuning SEIM systems (ArchSight preferred)
- Traditional network monitoring experience (packet/protocol analysis)
- Hands-on administrative experience with major operating systems
- Experience conducting Data Leak Prevention operations
- Experience interfacing with external customers
- CISSP, GCIH, GIAC certifications or similar
- Current US Gov Security clearance: TS/SCI with SSBI
- Bachelor's degree plus 2 years of related professional experience; related professional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Relocation Eligible: No
Information Technology, Information and Knowledge Systems, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All