Raytheon IIS/GIS provides Operations and Maintenance support for the Intelligence Community
Raytheon is currently seeking a Software Test Engineer to provide engineering/testing support to maintain high-priority operational systems at a high level of availability and to resolve problems based on mission criticality and guidance.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Performs software application testing on assigned mission systems running a variety of operating systems to include Solaris, Linux, Windows, and VMS
- Detects, isolates, documents, and quickly reports problems encountered during operations of the operational system baseline, which includes the collection of diagnostic data, development of workarounds, and other activities necessary for operation of a system application
- Supports system/application groups for ongoing analysis and integration efforts
- Accurately documents problems in logging and discrepancy reporting tools
- Frequently communicates with the customer to help establish requirements and schedules
- Requires a BS Degree and 4 years technical experience – OR – possess a minimum of 12 years directly related experience in lieu of a degree
- Must have a current DODI 8570.01-M IAT Level II (minimum) Certification
- Must have the ability to evaluate LINUX and UNIX system/application error conditions
- Must have the ability to evaluate Windows system/application error conditions
- Must have the ability to identify and isolate discrepancies to software, hardware or configurations
- Must have experience in authoring and executing formal test procedures
- Requires good communication skills in order for the effective and accurate exchange of information with customer visibility into maintainer based actions and response
- Requires ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Experience with basic UNIX and LINUX system administration skills
- Experience with basic Windows system administration skills
- Experience with test automation and test automation tools
- The ability to evaluate Windows system/application error conditions
Qualified applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI security clearance with CI Polygraph are required.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is a leader in intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance; advanced cyber solutions; weather and environmental solutions; information-based solutions for law enforcement and homeland security; and training, logistics, engineering, product support, and operational support services and solutions for the mission support, homeland security, space, civil aviation, counter-proliferation and counter-terrorism markets. IIS, which operates at nearly 551 sites in 80 countries, is headquartered in Dulles, VA. and generated $6 billion in 2014 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- both in the marketplace and in the workplace. We strive to hire individuals who reflect our communities and proactively embrace diversity and inclusion in order to advance our culture, develop our employee and leaders, and grow our marketshare with our clients."
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with CI Poly - Current
Relocation Eligible: No
Information Technology, Technical, Warfighter Support Services, All