Raytheon IIS/GIS provides Operations and Maintenance support for the Intelligence CommunityJOB DESCRIPTION:
Raytheon is currently seeking a Senior Information Systems Technologist I
to provide Linux
system maintenance, engineering and administration support to maintain a development system at a high level of availability. This position is staffed as an 8x5 position.Duties and responsibilities include:
- Performs software application maintenance and OS maintenance on a diverse network of physical and virtual servers. Operating systems to include Red Hat Linux, and VMWare ESXi.
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance such as general computer tasks, application loads, disk utilization, system loading and system monitoring
- Detects, isolates, documents, quickly reports, and resolves system outages or problems utilizing program processes and procedures. These activities include collecting diagnostic data, restoring the system operation, developing workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of a system
- Documents problems in logging and discrepancy reporting tools per customer requirements.
- Collects data describing the environment at the time of the failure.
- Performs system monitoring, analyzing and documenting of performance and conducting trend analysis as required.
- Supports system engineering groups as required for ongoing analysis and integration efforts.
- Candidate needs to remain current with emerging technology in order to meet the changing requirements of the lab customer.
- Candidate must be willing and may be required to provide Tier 1-3 support. The Environment fluctuates between routine and urgent, depending on ongoing tasks, priorities, and performance of assigned systems. Call in support may be required.
- This position requires a BS Degree and minimum of 4 years experience or 12 years of equivalent experience in lieu of a degree.
- Must have a current DOD 8570.1-M IAT Level II (Security+ CE) (minimum) certification
- Must have experience with Red Hat/CentOS 5, 6, and 7, and VMWare ESXi.
- Must have good communication skills to effectively and accurately exchange information across a multi-location enterprise, with customer visibility, into maintainer-based actions and responses.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
Qualified applicants will be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI security clearance with CI polygraph are required.
- Experience with SANs (Compellent, HP, Brocade), FlexLM License Systems, Apache, AWS, PowerShell and BASH Scripting, Automated deployment scripts (Puppet, Chef, Docker, etc).
- Must have experience working with Dell and HP Servers, Workstations.
- Must have experience working with NVIDIA Graphics cards and NVIDIA Linux Graphics Drivers.
- Experience with Windows Server 2008-2012R2, Windows 7-10
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with CI Poly - Current
Relocation Eligible: No
Information and Knowledge Systems, Technical, Warfighter Support Services, All