Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is seeking a Lead Systems Engineer to join our team in support of the U.S. Air Force North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) Cheyenne Mountain Complex Integrated Tactical Warning/Attack Assessment (NCMC-ITW/AA ) Sustained Support Contract (NISSC).
NISSC provides accurate, timely, and unambiguous warning and attack assessment of Air, Missile, and Space threats with daily visibility of National Command Authority leaders including the President of the United States.
NCMC-ITW/AA is composed of Air, Missile, and Space Warning Missions located at Cheyenne Mountain AFS, Peterson AFB, Offutt AFB, Vandenberg AFB, and forward user and sensor sites worldwide.
As a Lead Systems Engineer you will be responsible for leading a geographically dispersed team, developing/maintaining NISSC work products through the systems engineering lifecycle, including sustainment and services. The Lead Systems Engineer is expected to ensure assigned work and work products are completed on time, on budget, won budget, with high quality in adherence to government guidance. The
Lead Systems Engineer is also expected to participate in single source as well as competitive proposals, roadmap development and growth of the products and section. This position will require occasional travel.
Other relevant responsibilities include:
This position can be filled at the G10 or G11 level based upon the candidate meeting the qualifications for the level based upon the applicant’s qualifications as they relate to the skills, leadership, experience and responsibility requirements of the position. Note: Candidates with a current Secret Security Clearance are eligible for a $10,000 sign on bonus and a $20,000 sign on bonus with a current Top Secret clearance if the clearance is confirmed and hired by Raytheon. Required Skills:
- Demonstrate effective task execution to deliver on-budget, on-time, high-quality, thorough work products, utilizing IPDS-based Engineering work packages and productivity measures.
- Work closely with program managers to ensure budget, schedule and customer satisfaction.
- Interface with customers and users to build relationships and product ideas for meeting their needs.
- Support the rapid response to customer RFIs and RFPs.
- Participation in proposal processes to develop and review cost estimates/proposals packages.
- Maintain a professional attitude, to serve as an example to the team, with team members, internal and external customers.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Systems Engineering development, product development, technical program management and/or technical pursuit support for mission services or capabilities (Applicable post graduate education can be used in lieu of some experience).
- Current Secret Clearance, ability to obtain TS/SCI
Required Education (including Major):
- Familiarity with large service programs
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Discipline from an ABET accredited program and 8 years applicable experience (Advanced Engineering degree from an ABET accredited program and 6 years experience)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Relocation Eligible: Yes
General Engineering, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All