IIS Transportation and Support Services is seeking a Program Manager to join their Product Support team. The Program Manager will be responsible for the Over-The-Horizon program, a newly awarded contract.
This position is responsible for day to day execution of assigned programs. Duties include management of all cost, schedule and technical execution of assigned programs. The position requires regular interface with our functional counterparts such as Engineering, Finance, Supply Chain and Quality and requires regular interfacing with our internal customer, RMS. The success of these programs drives future business growth therefore it is critical not only to the warfighter but also our internal growth projections. This position has an overall responsibility for sales of approximately $5 to $10 million and a growth projection of 5% over the current plan.
The Program Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of Program Management plans, processes, metrics and tools to ensure successful program execution. The Program Manager will be responsible for coordination of program control activities across multiple functions to maximize consistency and implementation of best practices. The Program Manager will ensure compliance with all external customer reporting requirements from a program management standpoint while also meeting the reporting needs of the business area director. The Program Manager will similarly ensure that the functions have the key indicators needed to manage his/her efforts, will ensure that metrics tracked/reported are sufficient to drive flawless execution of the program and can identify any early indication of potential problem areas. The Program Manager will be expected to work closely with all functional areas to ensure alignment and that all documentation is in compliance with the Raytheon IPDS business model. The Program Manager will lead IPDS and Gate activities such as Gate 3, Gate 4, IR5 and Gate 5. Specific tasks include: Development, implementation, and maintenance of Program Management Plans, consistent with program requirements and IIS policies.Specific responsibilities include:
- Leading the preparation of all material to ensure compliance with business processes(IPDS, EVMS, PMX, EPIC) and other specific functional processes
- Identifying and implementing key program metrics and leading the development of situational awareness charts that can be used as management tools by program leadership teams to drive program success
- Support internal and external customer reviews
- Conducting Program status meetings, program reviews, financial tracking and communicating program metrics
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ensure timely and effective IPDS Gate process compliance
- Ensure rigorous implementation of risk and opportunity management IAW IIS policy and best practices
- Coordinate with Subject Matter Experts to maximize use of best principles
- Implement and monitor an effective action item tracking system to ensure complete and timely closure of action items
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing Program Management Plans
- Prior knowledge working within Defense Industry supporting the product life cycle.
- The ability to operate independently but still retain the larger company focus
- Demonstrated understanding and proficient use of program management tools such as Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Integrated Master Plan (IMP) / Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), Risk and Opportunity Management or similar business processes
- Annual Operating Plan responsibility of a program $5 to $10M per year
- Leading functional groups in the development of products in compliance with IPDS, EVMS and other specific functional processes, (ie. EACs, Gates 3,4 and 5, 10 & 11, CMMI, EPIC etc)
- Solid negotiating skills and the ability to effect change management
- Exceptional communication, writing and presentation skills
- Oversee performance by collecting and analyzing program metrics. Develop corrective action plans.
- Demonstrated experience leading or supporting proposal teams
- Proven leadership experience to include leading a geographically diverse team
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally on short notice
- Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge of program management processes and tools including EVMS Certification, IMS maintenance, Risk and Opportunity analysis, Change Management, and Control Account Management
- Raytheon EVMS Certified or equivalent
- Risk and Opportunity Management Certified Understanding of application and execution of Raytheon’s Integrated Product Development System (IPDS) or similar business processes and ability to lead Effective Gate Process compliance
- Candidate needs to be certified as Level 5 in the Raytheon Program Management process or have the ability to be certified within 6 months
- Prior experience leading, managing or participating in color teams
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Program Management, Warfighter Support Services, All