Raytheon is seeking an Expert level Configuration Manager to support an intelligence customer on one of our prime programs.
This is a challenging position for an experienced Configuration Manager to work on a new, high-profile, large scale, and enterprise-class application with numerous data feeds and users in 50+ organizations across the Sponsor. This candidate will work with a team of architects, systems engineers, software developers and testers to specify, design, develop, test and deploy the end-state system. Development will take place in an iterative fashion using scrum techniques with inputs from multiple stakeholders. This position will require exceptional flexibility and technical skills. The work will be done in a dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders. The candidate must have the superb ability to communicate with team leads and senior leadership and rapidly adjust direction in support of new and/or changing requirements. This effort will include a variety of activities, including, but not limited to: Participation in iterative software development teams with adherence to all reporting requirements Defining and maintaining the processes, working methods and tools for configuration management of the programs enterprise application software across development, test, training, production and other environments. Serves as the Programs CM authority for reviewing software code deliveries and managing code libraries and baseline versions of program artifacts on multiple networks. Working with systems engineers and architects to specify, design, develop, test and deploy the final system Coordinate the promotion of baseline software between environments Partner with test team and system administrators Prepare for, coordinate with, and participate in system security and user acceptance testing to include requirements traceability mapping Provide continuous coordination of progress on actions, tasking, and issues. Reviews and edits technical documentation, as requested. Development of technical documentation and briefing materials to support program status reviews, control gates, and other presentations as directed by program management Meeting with stakeholders, analyzing requirements, developing user stories and related artifacts, and translating these into software development tasks Use of Test Driven Development (TDD) techniques for software development Demonstrated experience with rapid prototyping to refine requirements and design Working with other enterprise service programs to leverage their capabilities via web services integration in the final system implementation Catalog Sponsor and commercial data sources for use in the system May serve as a program representative with stakeholders and partner IT service providers at all levels of the organization from end-users to developers to executives. As this program matures, this role may require occasional on call support.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with managing the technical baseline configuration for one or more enterprise-level flagship software application programs.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience supporting project teams in defining, documenting, and changing and baselining project configuration items.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience maintaining configuration management databases (CMDB) and maintaining related system documentation.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with preparing and processes discrepancy reports, requirements, build reports, investigation reports, request for changes, operation change requests.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing, testing, deploying and operating enterprise scale, web-based applications in the sponsor or sponsor partners environments
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with designing solutions that will operate in a cloud environment (i.e., any Amazon Web Services cloud environments)
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with automated configuration management tools such as but not limited to Puppet or Chef.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience performing application monitoring or writing scripts to perform application monitoring for systems running in a production environment.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with monitoring tools such as but not limited to Nagios or Icinga.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with applications operating on multiple security domains utilizing cross domains solutions
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with the sponsor or sponsor partners policies, directives and standards
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Poly - Current
Relocation Eligible: No
Computer Science, Warfighter Support Services, All