The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements.
The role requires the candidate to:
- Work individually or as part of a team
- Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
- Resolve software problem reports
- Utilize software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment
- Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
In addition, the candidate will be responsible for:
- Maintaining and enhancing applications software for highly complex computer systems or portions of large integrated systems that require signals collection
- Detection, demodulation, geo-location, and emitter identification modifications
- Researching and implementing enhancements to signals collection and processing systems using government provided references and system design documentation
- Creating or modifying administrative and systems software, algorithm design, test data generation, and data analysis
- Integrating COTS products, maintaining program libraries, and creating system manuals and documentation.Required Skills:
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance with Full Scope Polygraph is required
- At least seven (7) years of experience as a SSWE or equivalent on a project with a focus on RF to include experience with Fourier transforms, filtering, communication theory, digital modulation, error control coding, signals analysis tools, and digital signal processing.
- Must have a minimum of seven (7) years of demonstrated experience using C++ and Python in real-time system implementation
- Must have a solid understanding of sound software development principles and practices
- Must have a solid understanding of DSP, collection, and signals processing systems
- Must have experience working with system integrators
- Must be able to plan and prioritize personal tasking, and be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Must be an independent thinker, capable of performing high quality work, both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment Desired Skills:
- Experience in one or more of the following real-time application domains: RF Communications-based signal processing, Direction Finding system implementation, or Bi-static Geolocation system implementation
- Experience with the following is preferred: databases and structures, CUDA/GPU, Linux operating systems, JAVA, HTML, XML, MYSQL, and MATLAB
- Experience with large scale field site collection systems
- Experience with the CTF frameworkRequired Education:
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or a related technical field, an additional 4 years of experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree. 109108
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly - Current
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering Technology, Software Engineering, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All