Lead Software Engineer
****This position is contingent on contract award****
Raytheon is seeking a Lead Software Engineer for a multi-site, multi-company development and maintenance effort for a front-end data distribution system that replaces four legacy systems. The new system will receive analog and digital data from providers at multiple sites, convert (as necessary) and distribute analog and digital data to consumers across the globe.Responsibilities:
- Analyze the existing legacy systems software implementations
- Provide Tier 3-4 maintenance of the legacy systems until all legacy users are migrated to the new system
- Technical management, including cost and schedule responsibilities
- Design, code, test and integrate new system software to support the program missions
- Integrate subcontractor-provided software, scripts, configuration files and tools into the new system software baseline
- Develop and deliver the following CDRLS: Software Development Plan, Programming Practices, Standards and Conventions, Software Design Specification, Computer Program End Item Documentation, Software Development Kit, Software Metrics, Software Master Build Plan, User Guides, Software Maintenance Manual and the Software Version Description Document
- Provide Tier 3-4 maintenance of new system software
- Support Request for Change (RFC) assessment and Rough Order of Magnitude/Engineering Change Proposal (ROM/ECP) activities as required
- Review documentation and artifacts submitted to program review boards
- Support the program risk and opportunity management process
- Support metrics plan development that provides both customer and corporate metrics
- Collect, analyze and report required software metrics for both customer and corporate metrics
- Support program Systems Engineering, Integration and Test (SEIT) team with architecture, requirements, Technical Performance Measures (TPMs), integration and testing
- Support Technical Subcontract Manager(s) (TSMs) as required for subcontractor's software development efforts
- Support customer Readiness Review Team (RRT) activities (SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR, etc.) and associated Raytheon corporate gating events
- Support monthly and quarterly customer program reviews
- Perform personnel management duties as required
- Limited CONUS travel (10%)
Major in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other related scientific or technical discipline.Experience:
- For candidates with a Bachelor's Degree:
- 10 or more years work experience in the military and/or Intelligence community to include 5 years or more as a software team lead for customer systems development programs and approximately 5 years or more of specialized, relevant technical experience.
- Current TS/SCI clearance is required
- For candidates with a Master's Degree or higher:
- 7 years or more work experience in the military and/or Intelligence Community to include 5 years or more as a software team lead for customer systems development programs and 3 years or more of specialized, relevant technical experience.
- Current TS/SCI clearance is required
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI - Current
Relocation Eligible: No
Computer Engineering, Engineering Technology, Software Engineering, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All