The Business Development Manager (BDM) develops knowledge of customers, understanding of competitors, and an awareness of the effects of market dynamics within an assigned market sub-segment. The BDM manages resources to create, identify, develop, and qualify opportunities. The BDM leads cross-functional business teams to develop strategies and implement actions that culminate in a pipeline of qualified opportunities where Intelligence, Information and Services is positioned to win. The BDM will generate up to $500M in annual bookings with measurable growth over 5 years. The BDM reports directly to the Cybersecurity and Special Missions (CSM) Business Development Director. This position will be based in Dulles, VA.
The CSM mission area integrates cyber threat management and intelligence capabilities. Building on Raytheon’s legacy of classified work with United States government intelligence agencies and programs, CSM has made extensive investments in research and development and important acquisitions of cutting-edge companies. CSM delivers integrated, large scale, highly complex solutions across the full spectrum of defense, intelligence and cybersecurity problems facing our customers and our own company. CSM markets include domestic and international governments and commercial organizations. CSM is leading a critical program to protect and defend against cyber threats targeted at the .gov domain. It puts our team at the center of national security as we protect the networks of more than 100 federal government departments and agencies. We are seeking a DHS Business Development Manager to grow our cyber business portfolio.
This candidate will be responsible for understanding our DHS customer’s needs, offering innovative solutions and ultimately is responsible for meeting and exceeding bookings targets. This candidate is responsible for providing leadership within the company, engaging the organization and building trusted partnership with outside organizations critical to achieving success.Responsibilities
Required Skills, Experience and Education
- Develop customer, competitor, and market understanding for assigned market sub-segment.
- Establish relationships with Intelligence, Information and Services program managers and lower-level government and military decision-makers
- Conduct primary and secondary research to determine customer needs and generate business leads by building relationships and identifying and qualifying new opportunities
- Create and implement strategies and actions within the CSM Mission Area that create, identify, develop and qualify profitable new business opportunities that grow the IIS business.
- Develop and implement multi-level and multi-dimensional customer contact plans
- Use consultative selling techniques to better understand customer desires and work with solutions development teams to create customer-centric solutions
- Develop a prioritized pipeline of opportunities that is valued at least four to five times the revenue of the business unit
- Analyze customer information and develop customer hot buttons, key performance parameters, and opportunity price-to-win
- Leverage capabilities of multiple functions and customer access to create, identify, develop and qualify opportunities
- Develop initial opportunity capture strategy and conduct a smooth transition of opportunity to capture manager
- Work closely with capture managers to provide customer knowledge and strategic support for capture and proposal process
- Capture key customer and competitive knowledge and share it across the organization
- Support assigned business leader for new business
- Conduct internal and external customer briefings including Raytheon IPDS Gate Reviews
- Perform as a professional steward of IIS resources and reputation
- Position will require 20-30% domestic and international travel
Desired Skills and Experience
- 8 years related work experience with majority related to marketing management, business management or business development
- Strong mix of commercial, defense, and military experience in the defense logistics domain
- Strong understanding of security design, architecture and all facets of cyber defense
- Bachelor’s degree or 8 additional years of experience in lieu of degree
- Develop and maintain customer understanding and relationships
- Develop and execute marketing strategies, plans, and actions from analyzing market, customer, and competitor data
- Record of identifying, creating, developing, qualifying, and winning new business opportunities
- Identify and develop relationships with strategic teaming partners
- Record of significant business growth
- Leadership in creating and developing teams in a complex environment
- Work with other Raytheon leaders in developing new business and/or expanding into new markets
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills-oral, written, listening
- Agility and flexibility
- Initiative, high energy, and passion for developing new business
- Existing Top Secret SCI clearance
- Ability to effectively communicate with military customers from all the services
- Experience working with DOD related government customers, preferably to include with the DHS and component agencies
- Ability to operate independently but still retain an enterprise focus
- Familiarity with Raytheon processes
- Familiarity with the logistics, training, and/or engineering solutions industries
- Experience in international business and markets
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI - Current
Relocation Eligible: No
Business Development, Warfighter Support Services, All