Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Texas? Then join our Raytheon team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. Our new Cityline facility in Richardson, TX has many amenities that make work and life balance. On site we have a 24 hour fitness facility, a health center, a massage therapist, relaxation rooms, a mother’s room, an upscale cafeteria, a learning center, collaboration rooms, fun space that includes a foosball and pool table, and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Popcorn Thursday’s, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Cityline.
Plus there are lot of trendy area restaurants and shopping within blocks of our site with shuttle service to help you get there!
If you have the technical knowledge in software engineering and system development (DevOps, Cloud, or Cybersecurity) and the desire to learn and grow in a company with over 60,000 global employees, then Raytheon is worth the time to explore. Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at Raytheon. Click here to view: https://youtu.be/qvbCgKpkEdsRaytheon Intelligence, Information and Services, located in Richardson, Texas (Cityline) is looking for a candidate to join our world-class engineering team as a Sr. Software Architect. Job Description:
The Sr. Software Architect will be assigned a program primarily within the Global Intelligence Solutions (GIS) product line to fill the role to help development of the customer’s Future Ground Architecture. The selected candidate should have a good foundation in Java or C# and extensive experience working in a LINUX or UNIX environment. The candidate should have a demonstrable understanding of software principles, theories, and concepts related to software engineering (including software development lifecycle and software development process), design patterns and Object Oriented analysis, design, and programming. Candidates must have an active TS/SCI clearance.
Job responsibilities include:
- Interpret requirements into software architecture and design
- Design, develop and code software sufficient to meet the requirements of one or more components or systems
- Perform integration, test and documentation duties to ensure proper operation of hardware and software platforms
- Integrate a wide variety of applications from various sources; integrate and ensure they meet performance standards
- Adhere to accepted standards and processes for development, including writing unit tests which provide a high percentage of code overage; participating in code peer reviews, conducting design reviews, and generating test plans to ensure maximum stability and quality of code
- Support design and requirements analysis and derivation efforts for Requirements and Design Reviews for the Future
- Work with multi-discipline teams in the creation of technical work products
- Active/Current TS/SCI clearance
- 8+ years of software development experience in Java or C# in a LINUX or UNIX environment
- 2+ years of leadership experience (team lead, technical lead)
- 2+ years of experience with RESTful services
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Desire to work and thrive in a team environment
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Able to work independently with very little supervision
- Experience using source control tools associated with defect/issue tools
- Experience using JDBC to connect to relational databases (programmatic & command line)
Required Education (including Major):
- Experience in OPIR area
- Experience developing and deploying distributed cloud-based applications
- Development, inspection, and manipulation of XML, XSDs and WSDLs
- Experience using SOAP-based web services (interface definition, implementation, WS-Security)
- Experience with Spring
- Experience using continuous integration tools such as Hudson/Jenkins or Cruise Control
- Experience with automated testing, build automation and dependency management tools
- Experience using task management tools such as JIRA Agile
- Experience coding applications interfacing with Postgres and Mongo databases
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI - Current
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Software Engineering, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All