This position requires a current DoD Secret Clearance and the ability to obtain Top Secret Clearance.
Raytheon’s vision is “One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place”; our core values embody trust, respect, collaboration, innovation, and accountability. We develop some of the most cutting-edge solutions in the world for markets and customers all over the globe. We are extremely committed to diversity and we’re looking for ideas from every area of industry, including computer science, electrical engineering, business administration, systems engineering, networking, security, data analytics, and more. We’ve consistently repeatedly been awarded with numerous awards such as ENERGY STAR© Sustained Excellence Award, 100 Best Corporate Citizens, Top Green IT Organizations, BEST Workplaces for Commuters, “Best Place to Work” by Human Rights Campaign, and Best Placesto Work in IT
(just to name a few). To quote our Raytheon Chairman and CEO, Thomas A. Kennedy: "Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
Join the Raytheon team today and put your mark on history to “make the world a safer place”.
This is an IT position supporting the Raytheon engineering community, working with a larger IT program support team in a dynamic multi-platform, multi-disciplined environment. The candidate is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related Windows and Linux infrastructure for the classified programs.
Duties include, but are not limited to providing computing support to classified programs in Windows and Linux desktop and server environments; troubleshooting and fixing incidents related to engineering software and hardware; and assisting in designing, implementing, and supporting Windows and Linux environments.
Though this position is with a larger IT team, the candidate is expected to work well on his or her own with only general direction. The candidate is expected to be self-directed, able to multi-task and prioritize work, possess excellent problem solving skills, have strong written and verbal communication skills, is customer focused, and organized. In addition to the hard skills for supporting a technical environment, experience with an IT incident/service request system and strong customer interaction skills with users of all levels are required. The candidate would be expected to lead and participate on projects focused on the smooth transition of projects to production by performing operational activities within the project life-cycle. Required Skills:
- Active Secret Clearance, with ability to obtain a TS
- Ability to drive between multiple Raytheon sites in North Texas.
- 4 years system administration experience in Windows and Linux environments supporting business critical systems on server and desktop operating systems (Server 2012, Server 2016, Windows 7, Windows 10, Red Hat Linux)
- Experience providing technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- Demonstrated proficiency in deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting core Windows Server systems and capabilities, including Active Directory management
- Strong knowledge of AD, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, CIFS, NIS, and Windows system security
- General understanding of network services
- Demonstrated proficiency in deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting core Linux capabilities including Active Directory authentication, permission management, DNS, Samba, package management, and NFS.
- Strong communication skills and customer interaction skills with users of all levels
- Demonstrated proficiency in deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting most aspects of ESXi and vCenter.
Minimum Education Required:
- Automation via scripting (PowerShell), File Replication, File System Tuning, Upgrading and Configuring
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, vCloud, Azure)
- Centralized configuration management (Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Knowledge of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) methodologies
- Oracle support experience and knowledge
- Security+ certification
- Active TS clearance
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent field
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All