Raytheon is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer who has solid Java experience working in support of the Advanced Analytics Program located in Springfield, VA.
The qualified candidate will be an integral part of the Software team as a development, integration and test engineer. The candidate will be responsible for the maintaining, debugging and fixing problems with SW applications, as well as supporting integration efforts. The candidate shall also be able to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems, with solutions that are imaginative, thorough and consistent with organization objectives, work under only general direction and independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
Q ualified candidates shall possess:
· Experience with Agile development methodology required
· Demonstrated knowledge of search technologies for both structured and unstructured content
· Experience with content management and collaboration technologies
· Demonstrated understanding of techniques to share across sensitivity/security levels and cross-domain exchanges
· Experience developing system performance, availability, scalability, manageability and security solutions for mid-to-large scale programs
· Experience with software and system lifecycle methodologies (e.g. ISO, CMMI, ITIL)
· Familiarity with architecture standards (e.g, DoDAF, FEAF, etc.) and responsible for implementing required artifacts
· Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with multiple programming languages, databases, and operating systems
· Experience with software configuration management and control tools
· Experience with automated testing tools.
· Ten (10) years of related experience required
· Experience coding in Java, Java Script and Groovy. Use of software integrated development environment such as Visual Studio or Eclipse. Designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
· Demonstrated ability to: Develop software modules based upon designs, develop / execute software unit tests, use software repository such as subversion, CVS. Ability to report progress in email, wiki, other tools
· Experience in User case story review, tasking status update and backlog clarification
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Open Source Stack
· REST services
· Messaging Services
· Experience with Apache Hadoop and its eco system of applications
· B.S. Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline required. Experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Relocation Eligible: No
Software Engineering, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All