Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is seeking a Program Engineer (PE) to support a country-focused campaign of new and existing programs as well as customer shaping and pursuits for international cyber protection systems. The PE is responsible for the cost, schedule, and execution of tasks within the Program. The PE reports to the Program Manager and is the Engineering point of contact for all Engineering staff. Engineering includes: PE responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for overall Engineering execution within the program, having decision authority over all Engineering activities
- Conduct Engineering Bid Reviews (EBRs) and Engineering Program Reviews (EPRs) at authorized level
- Support Program Management Reviews (PMRs) for all Engineering matters
- Manage overall budget and schedule for Engineering tasks
- Work closely with the functional discipline organizations to review program execution on a periodic basis to ensure schedule and cost are being met.
- Develop and approve executable Estimates at Completion (EAC) in collaboration with the responsible Engineering Cost Account Managers.
- Ensure staffing forecasts are accurate and up to date, and work with Engineering discipline organizations to ensure appropriate staffing is assigned – local, distributed and/or suppliers.
- Provide oversight and review all program metrics for engineering. Ensure application of Technical Performance Measures (TPMs) across the program as a means for measuring technical progress and assessing risk.
- Oversee and manage the Engineering Risks and Opportunities process and its execution, ensuring these risks and opportunities are properly incorporated into the program R&O processes. Leverage the enterprise to reduce key risks and realize opportunities.
- Ensure effective Engineering management of suppliers – including SOWs, requirements specs, and process compliance.
- Provide accurate and timely status reports to the Program and Engineering organizations
- Execute processes and procedures across the programs that ensure consistency within the organization. Ensure process compliance, including appropriate process tailoring.
Clearance:Must currently hold and maintain a Secret Clearance
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in multi-discipline programs requiring systems engineering
- Familiarity with multiple industry standard Cyber Security tools and providing recommendations on implementation approach and techniques during the design phase of new countermeasures and capabilities.
- Working knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines, Integrated Product Development System (IPDS) and Earned Value Management System (EVMS).
- Senior level communication/presentation skills.
- Experience in all phases of development program lifecycle.
- Significant experience in Risk and Opportunity management.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in a technical or engineering field
- Experience working in the Middle East - prior experience performing these tasks internationally will also be key
- Skills and experience as a Program Manager (minimally certified at Level 6), Program Engineer, or as an Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead on a major program.
- Certified Technical Subcontract Manager (TSM)
- Previous experience with software and hardware integration
- Team building and motivational skills
- Qualified Six Sigma Specialist
- Strong customer relations skills
- Raytheon experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Relocation Eligible: No
Computer Engineering, Cyber, Engineering Technology, General Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Integration and Test Engineering, Sensor Systems, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Test Engineering, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All