Raytheon is currently seeking a Network Engineer to support customer programs based in the Northern Virginia area. The Network Engineer will be responsible installing, configuring and supporting the customer’s local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), Internet Network, Intranet and Internet and other data communications systems (including satellites).
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain network hardware and software
- Monitor network and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability
- May supervise other network support and client server specialists plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures
- Oversees network control center
- Performs a full range of complex network designs encompassing multiple technologies within a single network
- Evaluate new network technologies and makes recommendations to project managers regarding the integration of these technologies into the existing network
- Plan new configurations for integration into the network, using knowledge of the performance characteristics of the systems being added to the network and the specifications for network interfaces to insure effective integration and optimal network performance
- Ensure that adequate and appropriate planning is provided for hardware and communications facilities to develop and implement methodologies for analysis, installation and support of voice communications systems
- Provide support in the translation of business requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, MAN, WAN, Voice and Video) requirements, designs and orders
- Diagnosing hardware and software problems, and replace defective components. Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations
- Planning, coordinating, and implementing network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware
- Operating master consoles in order to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use
- Performing routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records.
- Designing, configuring, and testing computer hardware, networking software and operating system software
- Analyzing network characteristics (e.g., traffic, connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput) and recommending procurement, removals, and modifications to network components to customer engineering review boards
- Performing a full range of upgrades to the existing network architecture
- Maintaining logs and records associated with reported problems or situations
- Ensuring these systems and applications are compliant with standards for open systems architectures, reference models, and profiles of standards - such as the IEEE Open Systems Environment (OSE) reference model - as they apply to the implementation and specification of IM solutions on the application platform, across the application program interface (API), and the external environment/software application
- IDS Monitoring tools experience
- Cloud technology experience (AWS, Rackspace, Azure, etc.)
This position is either going to be a Principal Network Engineer (G10) or a Sr. Network Engineer II (G09) depending on the qualifications of the candidate.
- Top Secret clearance with Polygraph
- Must have 8 years of professional experience
- Mus have recent and related network engineering experience, as it relates to the above-defined responsibilities
- Degree or equivalent experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Poly - Current
Relocation Eligible: No
Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Data Networking, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All