Raytheon is seeking an experienced Network Administrator to support a program in Chantilly, VA
This individual will administer multiple small to medium Microsoft Server/Windows networks. Install, configure, and maintain servers, storage systems, computers, software, and network infrastructure. Configure user accounts. Monitor and tune server/client system performance. Install system wide software, upgrades, and allocate storage space. Maintain network documentation, including operational instructions, diagrams, and administration guides. Install and configure Cisco routers, ASAs, switches, and cabling. Assist with maintenance and configuration of virtual machines (VMware) and Linux based systems. Provide desktop support to local users. Process and maintain inventory. Collaborate on a wide range of issues including secure architectures, secure electronic data traffic, network security, information security and privacy. Coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment. Work alone or with small teams directly with customers in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Maintain flexibility in working on a wide variety of IT tasks, either leveraging experience or learning new technologies quickly. Work closely with test engineers troubleshooting and repairing communications devices. Research, recommend, and implement technical solutions. Develop and occasionally present well-written reports.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Administration of Microsoft Windows and Linux server and desktop operating systems
- Small to medium network maintenance and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to lift and carry test equipment, network and computer devices up to 40 lbs
- Climb ladder up to 15' to install/troubleshoot/repair network cabling and infrastructure
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with Linux operating systems (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Database administration
- Small to medium network design and implementation
- Create, maintain, and update network documentation, diagrams and security documentation
- Professional certification(s) (CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Cisco, VM VCP, etc.)
- Communications Security (COMSEC)
- Information Security (INFOSEC)
- Experience with HTML, C++/#, Unix/Linux shell scripting, SQL
- Storage Area Networks
- RF, including cellular and Wi-Fi
- Working knowledge of virtualization platforms and technologies (VMware)
Required Education and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar field of study; plus two years related work experience. Equivalent work experience may be considered in place of degree.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from cybersecurity to automated operations, and from high-consequence training to clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, VA. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2015 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly - Current
Relocation Eligible: No
Logistics Engineering, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All