Multi-Discipline/System Integration Engineer position will assist in the integration of software applications into a multi-user computing environment. Must have experience integrating applications into a virtual cloud environment. Proficient with Red Hat OS in a virtualized cloud environment. Ideally the candidate would be able to assist with the administration of the environment when needed. Experience in the configuration and integration of applications and servers with Splunk’s Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) application and the Nagios IT monitoring application. Should be experienced with shell scripting and being able to automate manual processes with scripts. Worked in an agile development environment. Familiar with JIRA for agile tasking, reporting and monitoring. Experienced in transitioning internal services to Enterprise Cloud Services provided by the cloud. Understands networking fundamentals. Experienced with virtual networking and Cisco ASA firewalls is desired.Additional Responsibilities:
- Set up administrator and service accounts, maintain system documentation, tune system performance, troubleshooting, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space.
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Monitor and make recommendations for allocation of computing resources.
- Provide basic hardware maintenance and troubleshooting issues.
- Support application customers by installing, maintaining, administering, and managing servers and network systems
- Manage ISP hardware platforms in a production environment to ensure minimum downtime.
- Create and maintain documentation for server configurations, scripts, and all other relevant information
- Prepares server systems for ICD503 accreditation and perform IAVA resolution patching.
- Coordinate installation and build of server systems, assist in developing system requirements, as well as provide backup and recovery solutions
- Assist in the implementation and transition of internal services to cloud provided services.
- Develop automated scripts to assist in the installation, deployment and monitoring of applications and servers throughout the environment.
NOTE: This position can be a G08 or G09, based on education, experienceRequired Skills:
- Must be a US Citizen with existing TS/SCI w/current CI poly Security Clearance.
- Bachelor Degree with 4-6 years of experience in IT or similar field of study.
- Ability to learn new technologies and operate outside of comfort zone in fast paced customer environment
- In-depth understanding of computer technologies and environments with proven ability to resolve technical issues within complex systems.
- Experience administering, configuring and maintaining Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) operating system in the AWS Cloud.
- Experience configuring and integrating applications and servers with Splunk.
- Experience configuring and integrating applications and servers with Nagios.
- Scripting using Puppet, Ansible, or Chef
- Experience with IBM’s Data Power Gateway
- Security + Certification
- ITIL V 3.0 Certification
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- Experience configuring and maintaining Jira
Required Education:Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology or a similar related field OR 8 additional years of experience in lieu of degree
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with CI Poly - Current
Relocation Eligible: No
Cloud Computing, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Cyber, Data Science, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, General Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Information and Knowledge Systems, Machine Learning, Product Support, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Test Engineering, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All