Job Description: Raytheon is supporting a proprietary customer contract for delivering technical support to customer management and providing resources for the technical services required to enable customer mission accomplishment. Systems Engineers are needed to support the customer team. The candidates will be required to participate in all phases of the system/software development life-cycle including requirements analysis, design, development, unit test, integration, peer review, test support, internal and external documentation, and maintenance of applications. Key focus areas include software integration & test and baseline control management. The successful candidate must be able to develop technical documentation. The qualified Systems Engineers must be flexible, self-motivated, hardworking and capable of working on an agile program, as it moves through the system lifecycle phases of development, test and deployment. The ideal candidates will develop solutions to increasingly complex problems, utilizing ingenuity, innovation, thoroughness, and practicality; and perform their work with general direction and minimal oversight. The candidates must understand how their tasks fit within the overall program objectives and perform their work accordingly. The experienced Systems Engineers will have the opportunity to engage with leadership, external business partners and customers, as required to provide technical information regarding the program.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting a System Operation & Maintenance program, working with a team of geographically dispersed and cross-discipline specialty engineers.
- Performing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, risk and opportunity assessments, baseline control management, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Analyzing customer requirements and establish design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for development, integration, test and operations.
- Performing functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, system data trending & performance analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition studies.
- Troubleshooting system anomalies.
- Devising modeling and measuring techniques; utilize mathematics, statistical methods, engineering methods, operational mathematics techniques and other principles and laws of scientific disciplines.
- Creating, reviewing, and maintaining critical system documentation; including test plans & procedures.
- Ensuring all efforts are executed in accordance with the applicable directives, policies, and standards/best practices.
- Serving as the Subject Matter Expert on parts of a complex system.
- Providing technical recommendations to management and customers.
- Work within a dynamic team environment across multiple platforms and computing systems.
- Maintaining an active role in the technology development roadmap and strategic direction of the organization.
- Identifying and implementing new or improved tools and processes to increase team efficiency.
- Participating in special projects as required.
- Will be required to support a flexible schedule and must be available for on-call support.
- Current and Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
- 8+ years relevant experience
- Knowledge of system/software development life cycles and agile development practices.
- Familiarity with distributed computing systems and/or real-time computing/messaging systems.
- Experience with System / Software Integration and Test activities.
- Experience with Software Baseline Control Management processes/procedures.
- Ability to work at a government facility within a multi-contractor (badgeless) team environment.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Familiarity with Windows, UNIX, and/or Linux operating systems.
- Familiarity with MatLab, Nagios, ClearQuest, ClearCase, Oracle, MySQL, and SharePoint, or related applications.
- Familiarity with software CM processes and experience in a development environment is strongly desired.
- Experience in complex system assessment/analysis; with exceptional attention to detail.
- Knowledge of system architectures, networks, and operations.
- Experience with risk management, issue resolution, problem solving and customer service .
Required Education (including Major):
8 Years, with a BS/BA in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical discipline. 6 years with MS/MA in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical discipline. 4 years with PhD in Engineering, in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical discipline. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree-level education.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business. Security Clearance: TS/SCI - Current Relocation Eligible: No Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All JBRaytheon ICJBMeta