Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is seeking a lead architect for a border security system and critical infrastructure protection for the U.S. Southern Border. This is a unique technical position supporting Raytheon’s standing as a recognized leader in the border security solutions. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible to provide briefings to senior customers and stakeholders, and facilitate/develop ConOps/Architecture specifically related to Border Security. This candidate should have direct architecture/engineering experience supporting border security, ideally on the southern US border.
The candidate for this position will assist in the development of the technical baseline from proposal through delivery and serve as the primary technical interface with the customer. The candidate should possess prior experience developing, sustaining, and/or operating complex border surveillance systems. This position interfaces daily with the Program Manager, Engineering leads, Functional leads, teammates, and Customer technical leaders. The role includes oversight and adherence to strong engineering principles for the purpose of trade studies, performance analysis, requirements flow down, requirements management, and architecture development. The lead chairs the Engineering Review Board and provides input to all program decisions impacting the technical baseline. This position is responsible for ensuring deliverables satisfy all contractual requirements, technical specifications, operational requirements, and customer expectations.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in designing/implementing Border Security Solutions
- Bachelors of Science degree (BS) in Engineering or related field
- Experience integrating and updating Border Security Systems with large numbers of COTS sensor technologies products and customer configuration items
- Domain expertise in Border Security programs preferably with US Customs and Border Patrol
- Experience designing/implementing Border Security Solutions
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) trends and approaches, networks, communications, distributed computing, integration and test
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with multi-disciplined engineering team members and technical consultants in a fast paced setting to bring best value solutions to the customer
- Skilled in proposal preparation, cost and schedule estimation and technical documentation related to contract deliverable items
- Excellent presentation preparation and delivery skills
- Experience in deploying a rigorous Integrated Product Development Process
- Experience and Proven Track record in System and Subsystem Integration.
- Master’s degree (MS) in Engineering or related field
- Chief Engineer / Lead Systems Engineer on a large government contract
• Experience developing an enterprise architecture.
• Experience in requirements management
• Experience in CONOPS development
• Experience in integration, and/or verification and validation
• Experience in technical risk management
- Possess Raytheon Risk and Opportunity Management certification or equivalent
- Experience working in an Agile / DevOps environment
- Experience in enterprise architecture development of a COTS centric systems
• Experience in SE process development and deployment
• Experience in Operations including: procedure development, training, transition planning, installation, and deployment
• Experience working on a program managed using Earned Value Management
Must be a U.S. Citizen with Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Six Sigma practical knowledge and / or project experience desired (formal Six Sigma training or certification preferred)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Relocation Eligible: Yes
General Engineering, Sensor Systems, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All