Raytheon is looking for an experienced System Engineer with an active TS/SCI clearance and polygraph
System Engineer maintains a strong awareness of technical trends in information technology, develop and maintain a strong awareness of on-going IT projects, and business unit requirements; be able to apply the project management model (e.g. Spiral, Waterfall, Agile) selected for a given development effort; and provide analysis, design, development, deployment, and lifecycle support for innovative hardware systems and applications. Work involves being able to develop end-to-end cost analysis for projects; ensure systems being developed comply with the enterprise technical architecture; help project and program teams prepare for CIO Project Management Program control gates; and keep senior management apprised of project or program status.
Assignments may include participating in/leading teams consisting of contractor personnel.
Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities:
· Analyze and study complex system requirements.
· Analyze functional business applications and design specifications for functional activities.
· Apply business process improvement practices to re-engineer methodologies and principles and business process modernization projects.
· Apply the concept of operations set of disciplines for the planning, analysis, design and construction of information systems across a major sector of the organization.
· Apply, as appropriate, activity and data modeling, transaction flow analysis, internal control and risk analysis and modern business methods and performance measurement techniques.
· Assist in establishing standards for information systems procedures.
· Confer with clients regarding the nature of the information processing or computation needs a computer program is to address.
· Consult with management to ensure agreement on system principles.
· Coordinate and link the computer systems within an organization to increase compatibility and so information can be shared.
· Design software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses and manages their implementation.
· Develop analytical and computational techniques and methodology for problem solutions.
· Develop and apply organization-wide information models for use in designing and building integrated, shared software and database management systems.
· Develops block diagrams and logic flow charts. Translate detailed design into computer software.
· Enhance software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency.
· Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
· Estimate software development costs and schedule. Review existing programs and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improve current techniques. Supervise software configuration management.
· Expand or modify system to serve new purposes or improve workflow.
· Manage software development and support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques and Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools.
· Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, cost estimation, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
· Perform strategic systems planning, business information planning, business and analysis.
· Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation.
· Provide staff and users with assistance solving computer related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems.
· Provide technical direction to programmers to ensure program deadlines are met.
· Provide technical guidance in software engineering techniques and automated support tools.
· Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
· Tests, debugs, and refines the computer software to produce the required product.
· Use object-oriented programming languages, as well as client/server applications development processes and multimedia and Internet technology.
· Top Secret clearance with polygraph is required.
· Someone that is fully capable of delivering capabilities related to a particular skill, language, system, or technology.
· Requires a minimum of three (3) years of experience with the majority of the following technology.
· Data base user interface and query software — Database software; Microsoft Access
· MS Office Suite
· Markup language – HTML
· Metric Tool
Required Education (including Major): Bachelors degree in technical field or communications
General professional years of experience may be substituted for specialized years of experience at a ratio of three (3) years of general experience within an occupation for one (1) year of specialized experience. Relevant certifications will be considered equivalent to three (3) months of specialized experience. A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill.
· An Associate’s degree will be considered equivalent to eighteen (18) months specialized experience.
· A Bachelor’s degree will be considered equivalent to three (3) years specialized experience (total equivalency is not cumulative when combined with an Associate’s degree).
· A Master’s degree will be considered equivalent to two (2) years specialized experience (up to a total of five (5) years when combined with a Bachelor’s).
· A Doctorate will be considered equivalent to two (2) years specialized experience (up to a total of seven (7) years when combined with a Master’s and a Bachelor’s).
Please Note: This position can be classified as either an E04 or E05 dependent on the experience.106895
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.