Raytheon is looking for an experienced Systems Administrator with an active TS/SCI clearance and polygraph
The systems administration encompasses network and server administration. The systems administrator’s responsibilities include: implementation of baseline changes and respond to change requests; perform technical evaluations, analysis, and troubleshooting for all supported servers; build servers by providing technical configuration, setup, installation services, hardware and coordination of application projects; and operate and maintain servers..
Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities:
· Assess server loads and work with tech lead on developing tuning recommendations.
· Assist in server maintenance and special projects, during extended work hours
· Attend TEMs to discuss and agree upon MOAs –ensure MOA is within scope of server team’s work.
· Build servers: Provide technical configuration, setup, installation services, hardware and coordination for application projects.
· Communicate outage/degradation of server to management
· Coordinate server installation.
· Create and/or update the Asset Management record—responsible for integrity of asset management record.
· Create request for service support (SRS) from internal/external service providers
· Ensure build report (procedure) is feasible, clear, and concise
· Establish server baseline
· Execute tasks in the following areas: change request, trouble ticket, routine operation and maintenance, and server build.
· Implement baseline changes under tech lead oversight
· Maintain server rooms.
· Monitor/support tape backup
· Perform operating system software updates/upgrades
· Perform server checklist.
· Perform technical evaluations, analysis, and troubleshooting for all “supported” servers in response to Help Desk Tickets—which includes but not limited the following activities: Server failures, full system outage.
· Provide operational pager duty support
· Provide remote access to servers
· Request hardware replacements
· Respond to assigned change requests that are submitted by “internal” and “external” customers.
· Restore file and data information
· Submit Build Reports for routine deliveries
· Support customer in the development of a dedicated server build report as well as an internal build report.
· Transition servers
· Understand and implement established technical and workflow procedures
· Top Secret clearance with polygraph is required.
Required Education (including Major): Bachelor’s Degree/IT Related field
Please Note: This position can be classified as either an E03 or E04 dependent on the experience.106900
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.