Raytheon is looking for an experienced Satellite Systems Engineer with an active TS/SCI clearance and polygraph
Analyzes, consults and makes recommendations for specifying, acquiring, operating, and maintaining earth terminal satellite systems and satellite bandwidth.
Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities:
· Manages satellite frequency spectrum in conjunction with the satellite operator determining carrier frequency and carrier power based on parameters such as data rate, modulation scheme, satellite transmit power, and receive gain over temperature.
· Monitors the power equivalent bandwidth utilization of satellite spectrum and report findings
· Provides detailed recommendations based on analysis of satellite link calculations.
· Top Secret clearance with polygraph is required.
· · Requires a minimum of three (3) years of experience with the majority of the following technology and tools
· Administration software — Cisco Systems CiscoWorks; Element management software; NetIQ software; SolarWinds software
· Configuration management software — Application management software; Automated installation software; Patch and upgrade management software; Software distribution software
· Network monitoring software — Ethereal; Ipswitch What's Up Gold; Multi-router traffic grapher MRTG software; Symantec Intruder Alert
· Network security or virtual private network VPN management software — Intrusion prevention system IPS software; Network and system vulnerability assessment software; Risk assessment software; Virtual local area network management software
· Transaction security and virus protection software — CA eTrust; Encryption software; Penetration testing software; Virus scanning software
· Integrated services digital network ISDN testers — Integrated services digital network ISDN analyzers
· Multimeters — Network multimeters
· Network analyzers — Asynchronous transfer mode ATM analyzers; Bit error rate BER testers; Network connectivity testers; Wide area network WAN analyzers
· Power meters — Fiber optic power meters
· Protocol analyzers
Required Education (including Major): Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or engineering related fiel
Please Note: This position can be classified as either an A03 or A04 dependent on the experience.106903
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.