Raytheon is looking for an experienced Network Designer with an active TS/SCI clearance and polygraph
Provide engineering and design support for the creation and deployment of tactical communication systems. Research existing technologies and apply COTS/GOTS systems to develop network infrastructure for voice and data systems, using best practice security methodologies. Integrate system designs with network architecture to best meet customer requirements. Test and deploy system designs in tactical CONUS/OCONUS locations.
Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities:
•Must have knowledge of Microsoft Server administration and service oriented system design.
•Must have knowledge of VMWare ESX Server and virtual system architecture, to utilize Storage Area Network (SAN) technology.
•Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
•Must have knowledge of Wireless Fidelity (WiFi) IEEE standards: 802.11 a/b/g/n and how to apply them to an enterprise network architecture.
· Top Secret clearance with polygraph is required.
· A senior level practitioner. Someone that has extensive experience or training related to a particular skill, language, system, or technology and is capable of not only delivering a capability tied to that skill, but passing their knowledge on to others.
· Requires a minimum of six (6) years of experience
Required Education (including Major): Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or related field
General professional years of experience may be substituted for specialized years of experience at a ratio of three (3) years of general experience within an occupation for one (1) year of specialized experience. Relevant certifications will be considered equivalent to three (3) months of specialized experience. A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill.
· An Associate’s degree will be considered equivalent to eighteen (18) months specialized experience.
· A Bachelor’s degree will be considered equivalent to three (3) years specialized experience (total equivalency is not cumulative when combined with an Associate’s degree).
· A Master’s degree will be considered equivalent to two (2) years specialized experience (up to a total of five (5) years when combined with a Bachelor’s).
· A will be considered equivalent to two (2) years specialized experience (up to a total of seven (7) years when combined with a Master’s and a Bachelor’s).
Please Note: This position can be classified as either an E04 or E05 dependent on the experience.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.