Raytheon is looking for an experienced Help Desk/Support Specialist with an active TS/SCI clearance and polygraph
Responsible for recording incidents and providing support to the users. Provides a total customer support service as a single point of contact for all issues relating to IT and IS services for a particular customer. Provides technical assistance to computer system users, including the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word-processing, electronic mail, and operating systems. Maintains a service perspective including an understanding of relationships, dependencies and requirements of hardware and software components and the organizations that support them. Answers questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from remote location. Provides assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word-processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities:
· Answer users' inquiries regarding computer software and hardware operation to resolve problems, including requirements originating from a field location.
· Approve, schedule, plan, and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems such as the installation of new databases.
· Coordinate deployment of workstation software, communications services and equipment, server replacements and upgrades, and other IT changes at the field location.
· Coordinate site engineering plans, site surveys, and site installation Technical Design Packages.
· Develop data model describing data elements and how they are used, following procedures and using pen, template or computer software.
· Develop methods for integrating different products so they work properly together such as customizing commercial databases to fit specific needs.
· Develop standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information.
· Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
· Escalate incident reports to required groups and monitor as defined in SLA.
· Establish and calculate optimum values for database parameters, using manuals and calculator. Specify users and user access levels for each segment of database.
· Identify and evaluate industry trends in database systems to serve as a source of information and advice for upper management.
· Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
· Maintain record of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial action taken, and installation activities.
· Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
· Monitor events and perform corrective actions according to documentation.
· Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
· Participate in the deployment of applications and hardware impacting the current and proposed IT tools used in the field location.
· Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
· Read technical manuals, confer with users, and conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and to provide technical assistance and support.
· Review procedures in database management system manuals for making changes to database.
· Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
· Review workflow charts developed by programmer analyst to understand tasks computer will perform, such as updating records.
· Revise company definition of data as defined in data dictionary.
· Select and enter codes to monitor database performance and to create production database.
· Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cable, operating systems, and appropriate software.
· Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications.
· Train users and answer questions.
· Update and communicate with users about problem progress.
· Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
· Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
· Top Secret clearance with polygraph is required.
· Requires a minimum of three (3) years of experience
Required Education (including Major): Degree and/or certification in an IT related field
Please Note: This position can be classified as either an E03 or E04 dependent on the experience.106952
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.