Raytheon is looking for an experienced Network Architect with an active TS/SCI clearance and polygraph
Work involves oversight and technical direction of system-wide issues requiring advanced levels of understanding of network theory and the specific enterprise network architecture; establishing overall strategic network standards and priorities; providing the highest level of technical guidance and direction in the design and implementation of networking solutions; analyzing the optimization of network system performance; overseeing the strategic interface of network systems configuration; using and incorporating broad technical knowledge of the diverse business areas within the enterprise in the assessment of network engineering technologies, computing systems hardware and software protocols. Additionally, positions provide high-level technical advice and guidance to managers and technical resources on which network technologies can be utilized to meet current and future organizational needs.
Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities:
• · Work as part of a collaborative, multidiscipline team in support of U.S. Government and provide technical subject matter expertise in the field of network engineering and communications modeling.
• Provides support in the translation of business requirements into telecommunications (eg. LAN, MAN, WAN, Voice and Video) requirements, designs and orders. Understands how the overarching INFOSEC and COMSEC security requirements for the Agency network add to the complexity of these positions.
• Performs a full range of complex network designs encompassing multiple technologies and technology layers (LAN, WAN, OS, IOS, etc.) within a single, enterprise network. Evaluates new network technologies and makes recommendations to project managers regarding the integration of these technologies into the existing network infrastructure. Plans new designs and configurations for integration into the enterprise network, using knowledge of the performance characteristics and network interconnect points to ensure effective integration and optimal network performance.
• Provides engineering and design support for the creation and deployment of tactical communication systems. Research existing technologies and apply COTS/GOTS systems to develop network infrastructure for voice and data systems, using best practice security methodologies. Integrate system design with network architecture to best meet customer requirements. Test and deploy system designs in tactical CONUS/OCONUS locations.
• Perform post design support to include installation, configuration, and tier III, O&M support for both enterprise and field deployed systems including local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and system level aspects. Creates simulated networks to test applications over low bandwidth links, troubleshoots network connectivity issues, and install/configure wide area link utilizing radio frequency (RF) communications (i.e. over satellite, cell, and microwave). Configure/test/maintain network infrastructure that connects to enterprise architecture. Needs to have knowledge of network intrusion detection.
Minimum Experience: · Top Secret clearance with polygraph is required.
· Requires a minimum of eleven (11) years of experience
Required Education (including Major): Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or related field
General professional years of experience may be substituted for specialized years of experience at a ratio of three (3) years of general experience within an occupation for one (1) year of specialized experience. Relevant certifications will be considered equivalent to three (3) months of specialized experience. A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill.
· An Associate’s degree will be considered equivalent to eighteen (18) months specialized experience.
· A Bachelor’s degree will be considered equivalent to three (3) years specialized experience (total equivalency is not cumulative when combined with an Associate’s degree).
· A Master’s degree will be considered equivalent to two (2) years specialized experience (up to a total of five (5) years when combined with a Bachelor’s).
· A will be considered equivalent to two (2) years specialized experience (up to a total of seven (7) years when combined with a Master’s and a Bachelor’s).
Please Note: This position can be classified as either an E05 or E06 dependent on the experience.106951
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.