Raytheon IIS is seeking a Sr. System Manager—Core System Administrator experienced with system administration and maintenance functions associated with monitoring and controlling Windows computers hosting classified intelligence data and software applications. This work is in support of the Air Operations Center Weapon System (AOC WS). Location of work Hampton, VA.
System manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to, develop and manage:
• Air Operations Center (AOC) floor plan.
• AOC systems significant events calendar.
• Systems permissions matrices.
The System Manger provides support to AOC engineering, technician, and configuration management teams, and provides inputs to management of all systems in the AOC.
Manages and provides hands-on:
• Integration, upgrading, and managing domain services and infrastructure systems
• Administration of Active Directory, Exchange, DNS, SCCM, LDAP, Group Policy Objects, vSphere, HBSS, and ACAS
• Installation, post-configuration, and data load of system
Manages and provides administration of computer systems related to domain services, including system startup and shutdown; security and application patch installation; security scanning and remediation; user account, profile, and permission management; system backup and restoration; system service and log management; system auditing; problem report management; performance management; and other IT administration-related services, as directed by the customer
The manager conducts comprehensive system validation testing, tracks trouble tickets, and trouble resolution for adequacy.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
• US Citizen
• Top Secret Clearance
• Security+ certification
• Extensive training/experience in AOC processes and systems.
• Knowledge of operator roles and responsibilities, products, and system interfaces in the AOC.
• Knowledge of trouble ticket management system, BMC Remedy, or equivalent.
• Must be proficient with Domain Services Systems Administration including Active Directory/DNS 2012 or higher, Exchange 2010, SCCM, and Group Policy Objects.
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or higher, Microsoft SharePoint 2013, vSphere 6.0 or higher, DISA HBSS 5x or higher, NetApp centralized storage, and PKI.
• Advanced troubleshooting skills and experience.
• Ability to produce detailed technical documentation.
• Ability to verbally communicate clearly and concisely.
• Ability to work on a team or individually under pressure to meet strict schedule requirements.
• Travel will be required up to 25% of the time in support of working groups and training.
Additional Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
• Experience delivering training, either hands-on or by computer-based training.
• MCSA or MCITP Certification (MCSE preferred).
Required Education (including Major):
BS with Computer or Systems Engineering related major and six years of relevant experience OR 14 years of equivalent military and/or civilian experience in lieu of a degree.
Work Schedule: Evening Shift. Schedule may change based upon program needs.
Position is contingent upon contract award. 107442
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Relocation Eligible: No
Engineering Technology, Systems Engineering, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All