Raytheon Blackbird Technologies is looking for an individual who will join the team supporting a major nationwide organization, with thousands of sites, to continually improve its complex multi-protocol nationwide network. An experienced Cyber Technical writer is needed in Merrifield to support the customer team working in a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities will include:- Developing and reviewing IT communications deliverables including engineering documentation, plans, action reports, and meeting minutes, coordinating with engineering teams to obtain necessary input data.
- Capturing real-time security updates during cybersecurity incident response briefings and translate relevant technical details into plain language for a non-technical executive leadership audience.
- Supporting operational cyber response teams during non-standard hours.
Required Skills:- Must be eligible to obtain a sensitive clearance – Position of Public Trust – and may be required to obtain a higher security clearance.- The position requires U.S. Person status or a Non-U.S. Person be eligible to obtain Authorization.- Experience with creating and maintaining information system security documentation and SOPs.- 6+ years of technical writing experience developing IT communications deliverables including engineering documentation, plans, action reports, and meeting minutes for internal and external audiences and a Bachelor's Degree (see education requirement notes below).
- Expert level knowledge and usage of Microsoft Office including MS Word.
- Familiarity with cybersecurity communications language and subject matter.
- Experience with creating technical SITREPs and executive leadership briefing material.
- Experience developing news articles, monthly newsletters, executive messages, advanced PPT presentations and infographics.
- Fluid technical writing and editing skills, including the use of AP Style.
- Ability to research and analyze complex technical material and break it down into concise, compelling copy that engages the reader.
- Ability to work under pressure with clients, program managers and subject matter experts in a fast-paced cybersecurity environment.
- Familiarity with a variety of internal and external communications vehicles, practices and technologies, including print, electronic, video and social media.
Desired Experience:Ability to capture meeting discussion at a rapid pace using either shorthand and/or typing fast will be beneficial.
Required Education (including Major): Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, public relations, communications, marketing, computer science, or related field Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: Public Trust Current
Relocation Eligible: No
Communications, Cyber, Publications and Graphic Arts, Warfighter Support Services, All, Corporate Affairs and Communications