Raytheon Blackbird Technologies is looking for an experienced communications professional to join Raytheon’s Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) business unit. This individual will provide internal and external IT communications support, including developing strategic communications plans and products to support a wide variety of cybersecurity initiatives. This role requires a strategic thinker who is comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment to deliver innovative, high-quality IT communications deliverables to our clients. The Communications support is directly for a customer and not a Communications role that supports Raytheon.Required Skills:
- The position requires U.S. Person status or a Non-U.S. Person be eligible to obtain Authorization.
- Provide IT communications support for the CISO Engineering program, delivering and/or refining the majority of the program’s communications materials on technical cybersecurity efforts
- Translate complex technical subjects and metrics into innovative, high-quality, and clearly designed and constructed presentations, email communications and other IT communications deliverables (e.g., news articles, monthly newsletters, executive messages, dashboards)
- Create graphics/templates using graphic design software and strategic communications plans and products to support a wide variety of cybersecurity initiatives
- Be a strategic thinker who is comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment
- Present on communications topics that elevate the communications personnel capabilities across the program
- Have excellent writing and editing skills; familiar with AP style
- Familiar with cybersecurity communications language and subject matter
- Must be eligible to obtain a sensitive clearance – Position of Public Trust – and may be required to obtain a higher security clearance
- 6+ years of related experience developing IT communications plans and products for internal and external audiences
- Experience developing news articles, monthly newsletters, executive messages, and advanced PPT presentations
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including the use of AP Style
- Ability to research and analyze complex technical material and break it down into concise, compelling copy that engages the reader
- Experience using graphic design software including InDesign and PhotoShop
- Familiarity with a variety of internal and external communications vehicles, practices and technologies, including print, electronic, video and social media
- Familiarity with cybersecurity communications language and subject matter
Required Education (including Major): Bachelor’s Degree or two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
- Experience in government contracting; defense and/or intelligence industry is highly preferred
- Experience with Incident Response and Crisis Communications
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: Public Trust Current
Relocation Eligible: No
Communications, Cyber, Public Relations, Publications and Graphic Arts, Warfighter Support Services, All, Corporate Affairs and Communications