Raytheon Mission Solutions is seeking a skilled systems/cellular core network engineer with significant experience integrating and testing customer-servicing infrastructure and related network systems. The engineer will perform system integration, configuration, functional testing, and installation planning. The engineer will also create logical and physical drawings, and draft test plans.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- TS/SCI with CI Polygraph (full Poly highly preferred)
- Recent experience installing, configuring, and testing cellular core customer-servicing infrastructure
- Experience in telco infrastructure such as NSS, BSS, OSS, SMSC, SGSN, GGSN, and other ancillary components
- Knowledgeable in cellular protocols including GSM, GPRS, UMTS/HSPA, LTE, CDMA, TDMA
- Hands on experience installing and configuring components such as HLR/HSS, SGSN, GGSN, SMSC, BSC, BTS, MSC, and other ancillary components
- Proficient in conducting systems integration of mission systems for field deployment
- Experience drafting system test plans
- Strong understanding and experience in mobility core network engineering, mobility applications, and mobile device management
- Strong knowledge of both network architecture and operational support of mobility networks including RAN, packet core, provisioning billing, OSS systems
- Willingness and ability to travel to OCONUS locations (approximately 5-10%)
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong knowledge of telecommunications theory and principles (i.e., SS7, telco subsystems design/architecture/implementation/configuration)
- Strong understanding of switching systems, cabling, PBX, fiber optics
- Experience installing and configuring networking hardware, including routers, switches, and firewalls
- Proficient in VOIP, analog/digital telephone systems, and TCP/IP protocols
- Familiar with lawful intercept systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience leading small teams performing system integration
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or similar field of study; plus two years related work experience. Equivalent work experience may be considered in place of degree.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from cybersecurity to automated operations, and from high-consequence training to clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, VA. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2015 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with CI Poly - Current
Relocation Eligible: No
Logistics Engineering, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All