Would you like to work in a collaborative environment in Dulles? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. Click here to view a brief video and learn more: https://youtu.be/8B-k34faFAE
. The Raytheon Intelligence Information and Services (IIS) Global Intelligence Solutions (GIS) Mission Management and Control (M2C) team is seeking a Systems Integration and Test Engineer for programs to modernize and maintain satellite ground segments.
Our facility in Dulles, VA is a modern campus that offers an on-site cafeteria, large gym, as well as convenient access to host of amenities in the Virginia/DC/Maryland metropolitan area and proximity to outdoor recreation in Shenandoah National Park and George Washington National Forest. Additionally we offer employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, and flexible work schedule - just to name a few!Job DescriptionRaytheon is seeking a motivated Systems Engineer to perform incremental design, development and test of an operations center. The role includes the development and maintenance of requirements, architecture, design, integration, verification and validation of existing system design within a larger Systems Engineering team. The candidate should be knowledgeable of the Systems Engineering life-cycle and capable to work collaboratively with other engineering disciplines through all phases of development, test and delivery.Responsibilities will include:
Understand and represents projects or groups through design, integration, testing, and delivery support.Update of CONOPs and architecture / design of a system or subsystem using a tool like Enterprise Architect or Rhapsody.Apply communication, analytic and problem-solving skills to identify, communicate and resolve issues.Implement integration solutions combining software and hardware systems.Maintenance, creation, update of integration and test environments.Excel as part of a small test teams exercising feature level capability and coordinate customer selloff, implementing automated testing when possibleSupport the update process for operations manuals, work instructions, tools, and scripts.Contribute to a team of systems engineers in accomplishment of engineering tasks in an iterative development environment.Perform complex system engineering analyses including trade studies.Attends technical interchange meetings with team members and multiple disciplines.Provides status on assigned tasks.Required Skills:
- DoD Top Secret Clearance, with SCI preferred.
- Experience with working in small teams on tasks within a larger program.
- Solid understanding in engineering of System of Systems.
- Experience with a requirements management tool such as DOORS.
- Must exhibit time management skills and self motivation; focus on customer service.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and sound problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with the other technical members of the team to administer and support the overall program.
- Experience with creation and execution of test procedures.
- Experience with maintenance and integration within Linux and Windows environments.
- Ability to travel domestically.
- Experience setting up and manipulating DOORS for requirements management.
- UAV or Aviation domain knowledge.
- Experience with an architecture and modeling tool.
- Experience with setup and maintenance of Ansible automated CM and application deployment.
- Effective written and verbal communication, customer focus, collaboration, and multitasking skills.
- Experience with Java, XML, JBOSS.
- Experience with network optimization and management using tools such as OpenNMS.
- Creation and maintenance of VMware environments.
- System Administration experience in with Windows and/or Linux.
- Experience in creating and/or providing training in DoD environment.
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical discipline. Experience in lieu of degree can be negotiated.
- Minimum of 4 years engineering experience.
Candidates will be considered at the G08 and G09 grades.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: Top Secret - Current
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Configuration Management, Engineering Technology, General Engineering, Information and Knowledge Systems, Integration and Test Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Test Engineering, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All