We are looking for an experienced cyber security architect and information security technical professional to join Raytheon’s Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) business unit. This individual will provide security architecture expertise, including developing strategic solutions and plans to support a wide variety of cybersecurity and IT initiatives. This role requires a strategic thinker who is comfortable multi-tasking and working in a close team environment to deliver innovative, high-quality deliverables to our clients.Required Skills:
- Responsible for guiding the design and implementation of secure solutions and services across our business and IT support areas, driving the successful configuration and implementation of security solutions to reduce risk to an acceptable level.
- Assesses user needs and requirements, and interprets and uses IT architectural guidelines to review system architecture designs or system.
- Communicates the business requirements and capabilities to executives.
- Gain understanding of the organization’s systems, networks, people, duties, and goals and ensure that they are documented in a standards-compliant framework.
- Assists in documenting design specifications and other system-related information to integrate and migrate existing and planned platforms in support of an organization’s enterprise architecture.
- Assists with designing, developing, and recommending integrated security system solutions that ensure proprietary and confidential data and systems are protected.
- Designs, develops, or recommends integrated security system solutions that will ensure proprietary/confidential data and systems are protected.
- Interface with the client in the strategic design process to translate security and business requirements into technical designs.
- Communicates the conceptual architecture, system interactions/interfaces, and logical services to management.
- Documents the organization’s Cybersecurity landscape for several audiences.
- Serves as a business enabler by supporting development of clear planning and design documents for properly-secured, policy-compliant systems and networks.
- Discerns protection needs (e.g., security controls) to compare an organization’s protection requirements to its information security guidance; identifies gaps in its security architecture, presents considerations for applicability and risk, and provides recommendations for remediation.
- Works with experts to identify, document, and track weak points in the architecture based on standardized methodologies and innovative analysis.
- Document countermeasures needed as revealed in the architecture.
- Refines Security monitoring points to defend the architecture.
- Analyze similarities and differences of an existing system and customer needs to identify protection needs for information system(s) and network(s); provides detailed specifications for technical needs of the infrastructure
- Contributes insights from architectural analysis to evolution of policies and protocols.
- Advises on security system infrastructure and contributes system and network engineering knowledge to improve the security architecture
- Provides technical architecture services for the support of integrated security systems and solutions.
- Validates accuracy and applicability of technical solutions to incorporate environmental conditions with business needs. Drives standardization of architectures for future use.
- Monitors for cascading effects and unintended consequences of system change.
- Works on special projects or investigations into specific technology or solution issues and shepherds research and piloting of new technologies.
- Serve as resource supporting the Deputy Chief Information Security Officer through the team leadership
- Work within the CISO team to improve overall Cybersecurity plans.
- Supports requirements of the other CISO leadership groups
- Produces regular status reports.
- Supports system- and network-related policy development and regulatory compliance
- Supports security posture assessments and promotes application of FISMA compliance standards, including NIST, DISA STIGs, CIS, and related guidance and standards for configuration/audit
Certifications: (One or more desired)
- Demonstrated experience with security architecture development
- Experience with regulatory compliance and policy enforcement
- Experience in the roles and skills identified above
- 3+ years of system, network, or database administration
- 3+ years dedicated system architecture work
- 6+ years of Cybersecurity experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Must be eligible to obtain a sensitive clearance – Position of Public Trust – and may be required to obtain a higher security clearance
- CompTIA Net+
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Security +
- CPTE - Certified Penetration
- Testing Engineer or CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
Required Education (including Major):
- Experience with large organization networks
- Experience with cyber security development projects and programs for U.S. Government and/or commercial clients
- 6+ years related experience
- Experience with development of architecture models for extant legacy systems
- Experience with process development and deployment
- Extensive experience with three or more of the following:
- Information Security / Operations
- Security COTS integration
- Operating System Hardening
- Identification and Authentication schemes
- Cross Domain Solutions
- Computer Network Exploitation (CNE)
- Computer Network Operations (CNO)
- Security engineering
- Maintains constant awareness of cyber trends.
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience. 108069
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: Public Trust Current
Relocation Eligible: No
Computer Science, Cyber, Security, Technical, Warfighter Support Services, All