This job opportunity is for the Information System Security Officer (ISSO) position at the Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS), ROTHR facility in Virginia (ROTHR is located on NSA NW Annex in Chesapeake, VA). The ISSO supports the execution of the Information Assurance (IA) program at the ROTHR facility as stipulated by various USG requirements documents including (but not limited to): NISPOM, ODAA Process Manual, DSS Assessment and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM), and other applicable DoD requirements and directives (e.g. DISA STIGs, DD254, SCGs, CND Directives, OPORDS, etc.). The selected candidate will assist the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) with the day to day execution of the IA program to include (but not limited to):
Supporting the development of Assessment and Authorization artifacts (SSPs, SCTM, System Profiles, SSP attachments, POA&M, testing documentation, Policies and Procedures, etc.)
- Supporting Information Assurance sustainment activities (hardware change management, software change management, account management, media protection, user interface, file transfers, vulnerability scanning and remediation, audit reviews, etc.) for all DoD systems at the site, including SIPRNet
- Information System Self Inspection, Auditing, and Continuous Monitoring
- Interfacing with Internal/External Customers: ISSM, DoD Customers, Program Managers/Directors, IT, etc.
- IA Training and Awareness
- Incident response, investigation, and resolution
- Development, maintenance, and execution of effective, well written, and customer compliant IA policies and procedures
The ideal candidate possesses strong written and oral communications skills, technical knowledge, exemplary customer service skills, strong time management skills, the ability to creatively find solutions to complex challenges, and the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced environment.
This position will report directly to the ROTHR ISSM.This position can be a G08 or G09, based on education, experience and skillset.Required Skills
- US Citizen with an active Top Secret Security Clearance or current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- 2-4 years of experience in Information Systems Security/Information Assurance, Security Engineering, or IT Systems Administration
- Familiarity with the development of System Security Plans (SSPs) and/or supporting Assessment & Authorization (A&A) documentation
- Experience supporting various computer hardware platforms and multiple operating systems, both stand alone and LAN/WAN configurations
- Working knowledge of operating systems security features and settings (e.g. Windows, UNIX, and Linux)
- Professional demeanor, good interpersonal skills, and ability to excel in a high-paced multi-tasked environment
- Able to work individually, as well as part of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, etc.)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written modes, and be able to author and present subject specific presentations (briefings)
- Must have the ability to effectively manage one’s time and be able to prioritize assigned tasks.
- Willing and able to travel to other locations as required on occasion
- Maintain an IAT Level 2 DoD 8570.1M compliant Professional Certification
Required Education (including Major)
- Prior ISSO/Information Assurance Officer (IAO) or alternate ISSO/IAO experience or System Administration experience
- Experience supporting SIPRNet to include working knowledge of ACAS, HBSS, and DISA STIGs
- Experience with preparing for SIPRNet CCRI inspections
- Basic knowledge of NIST special publications, CNSS policies and instructions, and other requirements documents associated with the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Experience with various information system security assessment/hardening tools – DISA STIGs, SCAP, ACAS, HBSS, Retina, Nessus, etc.
- Working knowledge of Wide-Area and Local Area Networks (WAN/LAN), to include Cisco-based routers, switches, and firewalls
- Experience using SPLUNK as an audit collection and reduction tool.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Assurance, Cyber Security, or related field of study OR 8 additional years of experience in lieu of education.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: SSBI - Current
Relocation Eligible: No
Security, Warfighter Support Services, All