Raytheon IIS is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Fielding and Logistics Manager to lead an Integrated Product Team. The candidate will be responsible for managing a large diverse team of technical experts and ensuring successful scheduling of multiple team simultaneously, deployment of all required resources to accomplish installation, test, and training of Site personnel, in addition coordinating and ensuring logistics of material resources are available at the Sites for the AOC Fielding events. They will be responsible for managing and coordinating installations at various AOC sites worldwide and coordination with the responsible Government Program Manager. This work is in support of the Air Operations Center (AOC) and the Long Term Modification and Sustainment (LTM&S) contract. Location of work is at Hanscom AFB, MA or Hampton, VA.This position requires proven leadership, and management experience in fielding systems and sustainment of existing baseline. The successful candidate will be effective at face-to-face interaction with customers and other contractors to respond to requests for information, support to technical meetings, technical interchanges and enterprise working groups. The candidate must be able to work independently and represent the program and Raytheon at meetings and working groups with government and associate contractors. The candidate will be experienced in establishing customer needs and developing them into Business/Technical Requirements and establishing scope and schedule parameters to execute projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide hands on direction for personnel developing solutions related to planning fielding events, system engineering, configuration management, Information Assurance, and logistics support.
- The candidate will work closely with Customer and contractor systems engineers, develop processes and support solutions for management of the fielding of the new baseline throughout the modernization and sustainment contract.
Required Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
- Leads team with scheduling activities on large complex projects.
- Analyzes new and complex project related problems and creates innovative solutions involving scheduling, technology, methodology, tools, and solution components.
- Provides fielding systems analysis and programming activities for all activities at the hosted Government site, facility or multiple locations.
- Prepares long and short-range plans for application selection, systems development, systems maintenance, and production activities and for necessary support resources.
- Resource management: Management of IPT resources and subsequent performance reporting of each area
- Oversight of schedule: Fielding and logistics implementation schedule and the interdependencies of the PC Schedule and real-world events.
- Risk management: Familiar with risk management processes, identification and mitigation strategies
- Prepare and maintain CDRLs, as required
- Interact with external community, CONOPS and requirements, and future changes, in conjunction with the Chief Engineer and Program Manager
- Action Item Tracking: Capture and track action items and responses in accordance with applicable work instructions from all review boards, technical interchange meetings, engineering peer reviews, working group meetings and any other periodic meetings
- Security Support: Ensuring that the program follows appropriate RMF security guidance
- Oversees Fielding Engineering plans, processes and compliance
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
- Current DoD Secret security clearance
- 8+ years of engineering experience in fielding/logistics and/or systems engineering
- 5+ years of engineering management experience with demonstrated engineering leadership
- Advanced knowledge of AOC engineering roles and functions, including operations concept development, requirements, functional analysis, interface
- Experience in command & control and ISR domains
- Demonstrated self-starter – proactive in determining goals and objectives and pursuing the necessary course of action.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain good working relationship with all levels of the organization, including government customers, contractors, and program PMO/IPTs/CPTs, and engineering organization
- Experience using tools and metrics to manage fielding activity, including IMS
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to quickly come up to speed on technical and management efforts currently underway
- Knowledge of related disciplines in system engineering, hardware engineering, integration, test engineering, quality engineering, configuration/data management
Education: B.S. in Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math or a Science with 8 years of related work experience.
- Active knowledge and/or experience with Agile (Scrum-based) sprint planning,
- Works with other IPT product owner(s) in requirements decomposition
- Coordinates with Government leadership and other IPT in the portfolio
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead/managed a multi-disciplinary project/team
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Relocation Eligible: No
General Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All