Raytheon's Cyber Operations, Development, and Evaluation (CODE) Center is seeking an applied mathematician with experience in the development of analytics, software applications, and modeling / simulation. Demonstrated use of big data analytics, advanced algorithm development, and implementation with software applications or systems is required. This team member will be responsible for deploying machine learning principles and techniques in support of algorithm development, data analysis, modeling and simulation, and capabilities verification with an emphasis on cyber security related projects for existing Raytheon programs, as well as for IRAD efforts. The ability to defend and prove the accuracy and utility of the mathematical models, to technical peer reviews, management project reviews, and customer demonstrations is critical to this position's success.Required Skills:
- Must have experience (academic or professional) in a machine learning and algorithm development
- Experience developing software in multiple interpreted and compiled languages (EX: MATLAB, Python, C, C++)
- Experience with developing analysis tools and performing analysis
- Detailed understanding and practical application of advanced mathematical techniques, taking academic work and applying it to Raytheon customer problems
- Ability to ask insightful questions to technical and user communities to characterize the problems to be solved.
- Ability to describe problems and solutions in both technical and non technical terms to customer, senior-level leaders, end users and analysts
- Test characterization and development skills necessary to prove the accuracy of the approach for both nominal and off nominal conditions
- Ability to work with diverse teams to quickly iterate and deliver solutions in a constantly evolving environment with standard software development tools and tracking
- 8 -10+ years of Engineering/Analytics/Modeling experience with a MS Degree or Ph.D in Engineering, Math, Science or related technical discipline
- Existing TS clearance with SCI eligibility
- Experience in Natural Language Processing, Classification, Reinforcement Learning
- Experience in Cyber Security, IT, Networks, and/or Operational Technology (PLCs, SCADA, etc.
- Experience in advanced modeling and simulation techniques
- Knowledge or experience in multi-threaded, vectorized (SSE, AltiVec) or GPU programming
- Demonstrated experience leading small teams and projects
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: Top Secret - Current
Relocation Eligible: No
Engineering Technology, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All