Raytheon Company has an immediate need for an on-site system administrator that shall support the day-to-day operations of the Sponsor’s scanning center. The candidate will be responsible for the day to day scanning network servers, physical and virtual to include the managing of the KOFAX analytic software and assessment of performance and capacity for the network.
Responsibilities include, creating of batch classes and delivery utilities (including documentation); analyzing and modifying workflow performance; supporting/troubleshooting daily scanning technicians; setting up Spotfire reports. Part of the operation/position responsibility is capacity planning which includes managing the through put of each phase of scanning, system utilization, the supplies and scanning process, insure the proper backup of all related components and maintain a proper defects and new requirements process.
This position requires a minimum of 3 years of computer experience in the Windows environment and scanning, as well as KOFAX experience.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manages all activities related to the scanning operations
- Maintain all related scanning equipment
- Will support the creation of batch classes and utilities
- Makes recommendations to management on desirable additions, replacements or changes
- Active participation in the operations, support and maintenance of all aspects of imaging or scanning practice
- Maintain proper requirements and defect process and procedures for the network environment
- Management of the KOFAX workstations and scanners capacity
- Development of batch classes and delivery utilities a MUST
- Monitoring of scanning workflow and identify bottlenecks
- Monitoring of batch classes and support failed batches
- Coordinate efforts with support on issues
- Manage local data distribution with Enterprise operations
- Coordination of patches / upgrades for software / hardware as required
- Perform required scanner maintenance
- Coordinate Scanner support with vendor
- Standard imaging reports for division
- Communicate in writing weekly status of environment
- Manage of KOFAX services,(PDF, Release, OCR) and recommend changes
- Manage disk space requirements and scanning policy retention
- Maintain local required local imaging supplies
- Coordinate with Enterprise development team all upgrades
- Coordinate with Enterprise development team on all hardware and software modifications
- Knowledge of scanning operations and workflow
- Knowledge of imaging software (KOFAX analytics / capture a plus)
- Knowledge of computer and scanner operation
- Knowledge of creating the data platform for Spotfire analytics and metrics
- Excellent knowledge of Windows environment with some knowledge of networking
Minimum Mandatory Qualifications and Education
- KOFAX Capture 10 Certification
- SPOTFIRE Certification
U.S. Citizenship is required as this position requires an active TS/SCI with poly clearance as of day one employment.Must be crossover eligible.
- Four (4) or more years of relevant work experience, including 2-3 years of management/operations related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, mathematics, or related field
- Equivalent military training and experience in an information technology field is acceptable
- Current/active TS/SCI with Poly
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly - Current
Relocation Eligible: No
Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Configuration Management, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All