Raytheon has an immediate need for an Intelligence Technical Specialist
to provide document scanning support to the KODIAK declassification program. This positions primary responsibility is to support the digitization effort to convert paper documents to image, performing quality control of images and indexing various fields pulled from the scanned documents. In this position every individual will be cross-trained so that the entire life-cycle of digitization can be performed by each member of the team. This ensures quality assurance in scanning, indexing, and editing. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, independent worker who can also work in and contribute to a team environment. The candidate will be part of a team that maintains data entry production, scanning; prepares work to be processed; and inputs data in a classified environment. This position requires extreme attention to detail and the ability to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Minimum Required Skills/Experience:
- Record and maintain pertinent data describing material received, including the date of receipt, number of physical items, and name of receiver, container barcode/tracking number, and transmittal sheet tracking number.
- Review and prepare files and documents based on conversion requirements to include but not limited to: arranging records in date order, removing duplicate copies, removing staples and clipping multipage documents.
- Determine which scanning device will properly perform the operations depending on the type of quality of documents to be imaged
- Perform and monitor all activities required to scan the documents
- Receive boxes check in to database and track from start to finish
- Create and prepare batches
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and coordinate transportation
- Case Management and quality control in CADRE
- Maintain inventory of workstations and all equipment
- Responsible for taking care of walk in customers
- Provide daily preventative maintenance (care and cleaning) of all scanning equipment as recommended by the manufacturer or as needed
- Review the scanned document images electronically to verify that all pages within the document were scanned accurately and completely. The review shall include a 100% verification of each scanned page image to ascertain the image quality. Rescanning of documents will be required if the scanned images are deemed poor quality.
- Perform hardcopy scanning, microform, scanning, oversized scanning (e.g. maps, charts, and drawings) and image formatting/conversion.
- Deliver scanned pages in electronic format and meet scanning targets and deadlines.
- Lift cartons weighing up to 35 pounds, as required
- Must work 8 hours a day – and cover time to 16:30pm.
- Previous scanning experience is required
- Must have strong attention to detail with focus in QC and Indexing
- Ability to use various scanning and viewing equipment and tools to ensure accuracy and quality while meeting goals and requirements
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as a team member
- Must have an understanding of security requirements and be able to adhere to them
- Exceptional Customer service skills
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities
- Extensive knowledge in the use of MS Office, the Internet, and other internal applications necessary to complete routine and moderately complex tasks.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer software to include search capability.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent with 6 plus years of experienceMust be a US Citizen and have an active TS/SCI clearance with FSP (from day one of employment) and be crossover eligible.
- Working knowledge of customer systems preferred
- Proficient in KOFAX scanning documents
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly - Current
Relocation Eligible: No
Administrative Services/Support, Warfighter Support Services, All