The Principal Computer Systems Technologist – Pivotal Cloud Foundry Administrator will be part of a team delivering “Platform” as a capability within the USAF AOC organization. The Platform Operations team is in close collaboration with the software developers in an Agile/DevOps environment and utilizes Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) to provide Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). This team will work out of the AOC Global Platform Ops Center on Langley AFB, Hampton, VA. The work will include limited travel for training and occasional site support.
The platform administration encompasses set-up and maintenance of the Pivotal Cloud Foundry environment, associated DevOps tools and Active Directory Federation Services. PCF will be run in a VMWare environment, therefore experience with VMWare is necessary.
This role will include, but is not limited to tasks like the following:
- Create, implement and manage Pivotal Cloud Foundry deployments
- Provide expertise for operational management of Pivotal Cloud Foundry on monitoring, management, disaster recovery, security compliance/auditing, networking, storage, service brokers and buildpacks
- Manage virtualized Linux and Windows systems
- Setup and support of Active Directory Federation Services
- Installation and build of VMWare VMs.
- Work with Service Desk, Incident Management, Configuration Management and Change Management Processes for the designated environments.
- Utilize automation tools to optimize the environments for DevOps.
- Set up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation and troubleshooting
- Uses scripting tools to automate processes
- Works closely with developers and hardware personnel in troubleshooting issues.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and have an active DoD Secret Security clearance
- Subject Matter Expertise in System Administration of Linux Operating System
- Experience with Windows Server Operating System including Active Directory
- Competence in configuring and maintaining VMWare
- Bachelor 8+ years of experience in related fields or technologies to this job description
- Experience troubleshooting Operating Systems and Applications
- Experience with production systems and dealing with production issues
- Experience developing automation solutions with competence in scripting/programming languages for automating frequently executed activities.
- Experience in Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Expertise in Windows Server operating system
- Expertise with VMware vSphere and ESXi
- Certifications including: VMWare Certified Professional, RHCE, MCSA, AWS Solutions Architect or Developer certification
- Experience with configuration and management of Authentication technologies including: Active Directory Federated Services and oAuth 2
- A software development or DevOps automation background.
- Experience with Jenkins, Bamboo, Concourse or other Continuous Integration tools
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Security + certification
- Strong experience working as part of a team collaborating on problem resolution.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field; OR 8 additional years of Engineering, Computer or Information Science applicable professional experience in lieu of degree. 110353
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Security Clearance: Secret - Current
Relocation Eligible: No
Cloud Computing, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Cyber, Data Networking, Data Science, Engineering Technology, General Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Information and Knowledge Systems, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Test Engineering, Warfighter Support Services, Engineering, All