Leidos is seeking a Solaris System Administrator to work on-site at the US National Data Center (US NDC). The US NDC is the geophysical data acquisition, data processing, reporting and archiving component of the United States Atomic Energy Detection System (USAEDS) operated by the Air Force Technical Applications Center (AFTAC) in Melbourne, FL. AFTAC's mission is to monitor compliance with nuclear test ban treaties to standards set by US verification and policy leaders. Candidates must possess a current Top Secret clearance in order to be considered.
The candidate will support a multi-year contract involving a state-of-the-art nuclear test monitoring system at Patrick AFB, Florida. The successful candidate will work with a team providing system administration support for the state-of-the-art nuclear test monitoring system that acquires, processes, reports, and archives data from a worldwide network of seismic, hydroacoustic and infrasonic sensors. Candidate will be a member of the administration team responsible for the maintenance and sustainment of the US NDC system to include hardware, operating environments, and custom and COTS software. Provide US NDC system user support. Work with the development and study task teams on system changes at all stages of the lifecycle from analysis through promotion. Assist with the scheduling, planning and execute of system installations, upgrades, and backup and recovery of the development, sustainment, operational and alternate systems. Responsible for installation and configuration of US NDC custom and COTS software. Conduct routine maintenance, troubleshooting, and tuning actions for optimal system performance. Assist the System Engineer with maintaining compliance with the define US NDC cybersecurity policies and procedures; as well as maintaining system documentation. Work hand in hand with contractor and customer technical peers to accomplish mission tasks.
Qualifications:MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- US citizen with active DoD Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in related field and 4-8 years of experience.
- Possess strong Unix and Linux fundamentals to include shell scripting
- Possess an active CompTIA Security+ certification
- Demonstrate competency in Solaris operating systems
- Experience with SPARC and X86 server and workstation X86 based hardware
- Able to lift a maximum of ~50 lbs of equipment alone[RC1]
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills to include the ability to render concise reports, summaries, and presentations
- Willing to comply with contract and customer training and certification requirements.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with Solaris 11 operating system
- Experience with Linux RedHat operating system
- Experience with Networking and storage solutions such as NetApp
- Experience with shell programming and the UNIX environment.
- Experience with tape backup, hardware and software, Oracle Secure Backup
- Experience with fibre channel, switching, and configuration
- Experience with Virtual Machine (VM), both VMware and Oracle’s OVM
- Experience with Linux Logical Volume Manager (LVM)
- Familiar with software management tools; Clearcase and IBM Rational Team Concert
- Familiar with common Cyber Threat terminology, vulnerability and penetration test principles and methodologies, possess basic knowledge of cyber incident and response, and related current events.
- Familiar with DISA STIGs, NIST SP800-53.x requirements, and experience in conducting DoD vulnerability/compliance assessments
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience supporting with large and complex system
- Experience or familiarity with military operations and/or supporting a mission system
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JBLeidos ICBJMETA ICGP400