The successful candidate will perform day to day management of Network-related projects and develop long-term and strategic objectives to ensure that end user requirements are met. They will perform horizontal integration planning with other functional areas and ensure technical solutions and schedules are implemented in a timely manner. Projects will consist of core network transport engineering and Infrastructure as a Service design and delivery. The Project Manager will be responsible for the management of a major initiative to stand up a new data center and shut down an existing data center. Network specific projects will include a large technology refresh, significant expansion, and large scale transition to a new procurement model requiring most of the network services to be re-acquired.
Typical duties include:
· Ensure that project tasks are completed within deadlines
· Ensure that projects are properly and adequately funded on an ongoing basis. The project manager will need to track multiple lines of funding and expenditures
· Ensure that project personnel are qualified to perform the given tasks and potential project personnel problems are preempted
· Remain conscious of relevant security polices
· Establish and implement streamlined processes and procedures
· Ensure applicable Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are in place
· Direct the daily operations of the projects by analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines
Education: Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology Management or technical discipline with related industry experience in software engineering, systems engineering, or network engineering.
· 8+ years as a Project Manager managing technical projects in a customer's environment
· PMP Certification
· Experience managing projects using the customer’s Project Management Framework (PMF)
Must have a strong and proven background in Network Engineering
Proven experience coordinating and synchronizing a number of IT projects, developing and maintaining a master schedule, developing and maintaining a high level budget, and preparing senior management communication briefs.
Experience managing projects in a Data Center environment
· Proven experience leading teams and working across organizational boundaries to meet mission requirements
· Proven experience streamlining processes and procedures
· Proven experience managing projects within schedule, scope and cost