Leidos is currently seeking a System Administrator for the highly visible 26th Network Operations Squadron (26 NOS) at Maxwell Air force Base-Gunter Annex, Alabama, which provides a world-wide support mission. The 26 NOS is responsible for the intranet support of the entire Air Force network. The mission of the 26 NOS is to operate and defend the Air Force (AF) Enterprise computer network consisting of the AF Wide Area Network (WAN) routers, AF Network Increment 1 (AFNET Inc 1) Gateways, and the 26 NOS Local Area Network (LAN) assets. Individual must be a self-starter, knowledgeable and skilled in the overall 26 NOS Air Force Operational Mission capable of making critical strategic recommendations and providing rationale and guidance to the customer on network and cyber issues/incidents. Individual must provide quality reporting of daily activities in the Weekly Activity Report and respond professionally to the customer with clarifications and resolution recommendations. Individual will provide Windows, Unix Server and/or Desktop administration support in a VMware Virtual Environment for the 26th Network Operations Squadron (26 NOS) located at Maxwell Air Force Base-Gunter Annex, Alabama.
• Maintain and administer applications, operating systems, and hardware related to Microsoft Windows Workstation/Servers based operating systems servers across both Legacy and AFNET level systems.
• Provide frontline support for 300 + customers at local and remote facilities in the form of System Administration Tier 1 Central Call Center for legacy and AFNET Inc 1 systems.
• Provide hands-on/virtual desktop support 24x7 in accordance with mission requirements.
• Provide monitoring capabilities of user level centrally managed hardware, OS, and applications related to Windows based systems.
• Manage and administer all aspects of user account management such as password, group, and privilege management for user access across entire AoR.
• Develop and implement documentation including policies, procedures, checklists, and guidance specific to Windows related systems.
• Maintain system readiness through the implementation, administration, and management of DoD IAVAs, DoD IAVB’s, MTO’s, CTO’s, AF TCNOs, ACAS, DISA STIG’s, and other related DoD policies on all related systems.
• Provide management and administration of the storage and virtual environments.
Active Directory Tasks
- Active Directory Tools- Provide advanced Active Directory maintenance, troubleshooting, and reporting
- AD Users and Computers - Administer and publish user and computer objects in the directory
- Group Policy Management - Evaluate Group Policy Objects, and recommend process improvements
- Performing initial configuration of a new DNS server
- Connecting to and managing a local DNS server on the same computer or remote DNS servers on other computers.
- Adding and removing forward and reverse lookup zones, as necessary.
- Adding, removing, and updating resource records in zones.
Windows Server 2008/2012 maintenance/troubleshooting
- STIGing - Ensuring compliance with DISA STIGS
- Certificate Services
- Event Log monitoring
- PowerShell Scripting
-Storage Administration- Monitoring array/fibre switch health, performing maintenance, troubleshooting, and reporting.
- Provisioning storage for existing and new servers
- Add servers to storage groups
- Manage array performance and optimizing configuration
- Mounting disk to Windows, Linux machines
- ”STIGing” and securing storage related systems, to include EMC, Compellent, Brocade, Cisco, Netapp, windows, and others as needed.
VMware administration- Monitoring ESX environment health, performing maintenance, troubleshooting, and reporting.
- Deploying utilizing OVF’s, clones, P to V, and templates
- Maintaining and building Virtual machines
- SSO troubleshooting and maintenance
- HA and DRS setup, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Virtual Switch setup and configuration
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related engineering field or an associate’s degree and a minimum of three years’ experience in addition to minimum experience identified below.
Required Experience: 2-4 years’ experience performing Windows system administration. Microsoft System Administration and/or Engineering certification (MCSA, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP). VMware and/or SAN experience and certification highly desirable.
Required Clearance: Secret with ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance
Required DoD 8570 Certification: CompTIA Security + or equivalent IAT-II
Travel: No regular travel required; responsibilities may include short or no-notice travel to troubleshoot system issues at remote locations and or support program management office operational, developmental, integration, and test and evaluation activities.