Leidos currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Tactical Unmanned Aircraft System (TUAS) team, which will support the Shadow RQ-7B Aircraft, in our Huntsville, TN offices.
The Shadow TUAS Program is mature and in the Sustainment phase of its lifecycle. As such, most engineering activities will be focused on sustainment engineering and developing aircraft modifications that improve performance, reliability and operability. Our team, and ultimately our US Army customer, will rely on your skills to deliver the best capability to our warfighters.
The successful candidate will work under general guidance from the Chief Engineer to lead all Software Engineering aspects of the contract. This will include your leadership of the SW IPT and participation as our representative at customer IPTs that develop modifications to the aircraft and support equipment. Modifications may range from incorporation of an upgraded payload onto the airframe to fuel system improvement modifications to Information Assurance software updates.
Candidates responsibilities may include the following:
- Installation and maintenance of UNIX, LINUX or Windows-based operating configurations
- Troubleshooting problems that may involve applications and the network.
- Providing guidance and technical assistance as needed.
- Maintaining and updating documentation on the operating systems' configuration.
- Managing software life cycles. Serving as technical referent on engineering review boards considering all additions to or changes to the operating environment
- Participating in review boards for all changes or additions to the standard configuration within the organization
- Participating in various design reviews.
The successful candidate must have the following skill set:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other technical area and 12+ years’ experience, of which 10+ years’ experience should be in C4I related activities.
Experience leading IPTs and smaller task teams, and have Java/C/C++ coding experience.
Knowledge of RHEL/CentOS Linux including networking and basic administration.
Have a solid knowledge of network protocols, Windows, and Linux operating systems.
Ability to configure and install workstations, as well as strong experience resolving complex system and network problems.
Possess good written and oral communication skills, be customer service oriented, and possess project management skills.
Experience configuring network devices, and Self-motivated with minimal supervision.
Possess an active Secret clearance, and be eligible to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
Following is desired but not required:
Experience presenting software/network related material during technical reviews
Information Assurance/Risk Management Framework experience
Experience working in IPT structured Design teams
Control Account Management (CAM) Experience
Experience in US Army based Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
Government Report or Thesis writing.
Ability to develop Basis Of Estimates (BOEs) for new opportunities