Job Description: The successful candidates will be entry-level repair/production technicians on a towed array module repair line or the Hose amp; Tow Cable Fabrication Shop of the Navy Array Technical Support Center (NATSC) at the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport. Technicians assigned to the specific array product lines will learn to evaluate and troubleshoot failed module assemblies to the component level and perform repairs or machining/assembly in accordance with formal work instructions, using conformed materials, and with high standards of quality. They will work with and be mentored by more senior-level technicians. Performs simple routine tasks under close supervision or from detailed procedures. Work is checked in progress or on completion. Performs one or a combination of such typical duties as:
Assembles or installs equipment or parts requiring simple wiring, soldering, or connecting. Performs simple or routine tasks or tests such as tensile or hardness tests; operates and adjusts simple test equipment; records test data. Gathers and maintains specified records of engineering data such as tests, drawings, etc.; performs computations by substituting numbers in specified formulas; plots data and draws simple curves and graphs.
Education and Experience: High school/vocational school diploma or GED certificate.
• Basic soldering skills and/or fiber optic termination.
• Ability to read, interpret, and perform documented technical processes.
• Experience performing electronic repairs at the component level using copper and fiber optic signal path repair procedures/techniques to documented quality standards using formal work procedures OR, experience manufacturing hose assemblies raw stock to documented quality standards using formal work procedures, OR preparing and terminating cables using formal work procedures and in accordance with documented quality standards.
• Documented completion of soldering and/or fiber-optic termination/connectorization certification/training.
• Operational knowledge and experience with industrial equipment including, but not limited to, that of the type used with module hosing/dehosing, pressure, tension, and handling testing, and automated/semi-automated electronic test equipment; measuring/grinding of hose material, mechanical swaging, cable connector molding and pressure testing, as appropriate to the shop/product line assigned.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JBLeidos ICBJMETA ICGP400