Job Description: The Navy Array Technical Support Center (NATSC) is the depot-level repair activity for US Navy surface ship and submarine towed sonar arrays. It is a Government Owned-Contractor Operated (GOCO) facility located at the Navy Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport, and Naval Station Newport, in Newport RI. Along with the depot the Government provides a warehouse/staging facility for material packaging, shipping, receipt, inspection, and storage. The successful candidate(s) will be either software OR documentation Configuration Analysts of the NATSC towed array depot.
As such they will:
1. Be responsible for configuration management issues associated with maintaining and controlling all documentation and/or software configuration management.
2. Maintain the MasterControl Document Control System including the installation of software updates and account control.
3. Regularly upload revised documentation into the MasterControl Document Control System and removed expired content.
4. Regularly audit and ensure all hardcopy work procedures being used on the work floor are the latest revisions; remove expired hardcopy and replace as necessary.
EDUCATION amp; EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 4 years of professional experience; or 2 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Degree must be Computer related and mandatory for candidate(s) maintaining MasterControl or a degree not related, candidate must have minimum of 3 years’ experience directly supporting NATSC configuration management activities.
Must be able to obtain and retain a US DOD security clearance at the SECRET level.
Prior experience using computer/network-based documentation management systems.
1. Prior configuration management experience in a US Gov/DOD repair depot.
2. Familiarity with Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport and DOD data systems security and information assurance policies and procedures .
3. Prior experience using/supporting MasterControl Document Control Software.