Leidos is seeking a SNCC Service Area Lead, Network Management, to support a customer in Rockville, MD. As a contract holder on the Nuclear Regulatory Commission’s Global Infrastructure Development Acquisition (GLINDA), we are pursuing upcoming opportunities with the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) including Security Operations, End User Computing, Network/Data Center/Cloud Services, and Mobility Services. The Lead will work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders to help address continuous threats and security requirements, inclusive of ongoing implementation, monitoring, and review of associated controls (e.g. FISMA, etc.). The Lead will develop plans for parallel Ipv6 network on same infrastructure as current Ipv4 network, and support the operation of an on premise network operations center to continuously monitor the network. The Lead will also perform ongoing management and maintenance of the network infrastructure, and manage a network team to administer, maintain remote access, oversee the configuration and support network services used by the Agency. The Lead shall:
- Maintain the delivery of current network related services inclusive of proactive and continuous analysis to identify and implement ways to increase network efficiency and performance.
- Establish and maintain real-time visibility into network, system, and service availability and performance.
- Experience working on maintaining facility, rack, system, and other physical asset appearance and cleanliness
- Work collaboratively with other resources and stakeholders to support related administrative and delivery activities requiring physical access.
- Proactively addressing facility related risks and issues.
- Establish a proactive scheduled approach for facility maintenance resulting in a consistent and predictable set of facilities related processes.
- Support successful physical back-up and recovery logistics and procedures in order to help ensure data recoverability.
- Maintain detailed network related documentation, configuration information, and diagrams in an Agency designated repository
- Conduct monthly reviews and prepare reports on network performance, capacity, and other data/metrics to identify trends, risks, issues, and opportunities
- Perform impact assessments and reports related to new network technologies, proposed network changes, or new services
- Conduct performance and capacity testing as new applications and services are being launched and provide associated analysis and recommendations
- Provide network management data in structured formats or through web services as well as summarized and formatted reports (e.g. Network Performance and Availability reports, System Utilization reports, application response and utilization, network device Identity, IP address and Network Growth reports) to designated personnel
- Provide weekly outage reports to designated personnel
- Develop plans for network architecture based on requirements for connectivity with or additional bandwidth to support services provided by public cloud providers including provisioning support for telecom provider connections
- Develop plans for IP-based, instated voice and video services
- Perform planning, analysis and migration efforts to facilitate transition of NRC integrated services to the cloud
- Coordinate network administration and maintenance services with user populations and other stakeholders/support providers in collaboration with designated NRC personnel
- Coordinate network maintenance outages and network-related problem solving with other IT and telecommunications contractors and vendors as needed in collaboration with designated NRC personnel
- Be responsible for overseeing Network Operation Center group support group.
- Work with team to Identify, isolate, and resolve performance issues as required
- Automate monitor network storage levels and usage and proactively address storage risks with designated NRC personnel and impacted stakeholders
- Leverage existing and implement efficient tool to perform daily testing of application availability at 6AM EST using NRC designated system monitoring tool(s) (e.g. What’s Up Gold)
- Improve network application performance against baselines and provide reporting mechanisms for performance metrics that exceed accepted thresholds
- Continuously monitor security configurations to minimize vulnerabilities
The Lead should have:
- Experience supporting an environment in a network management capacity with more than 5,000 users
- Experience in Cisco routing and switching, network protocols and topologies; network security, voice services, and hands-on experience in system integration.
- Experience in physical access control, environmental management, and media management and media transfer coordination and related logistical support for the Agency’s data center facilities.
- Knowledge to monitor facility resources on a continuous basis including air conditioning, humidity, and power, and report adverse conditions, or adverse condition risks to COR for consideration.
- Knowledge of integrating voice and room-based video teleconferencing as unified communication solution.
TYPICAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree and ten years' experience; additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree. Certifications in or equivalent experience with Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, and Citrix NetScaler technologies.
Experience should include:
- Knowledge of SSL VPN access as well as IPSec VPN Connectivity
- Experience working and implementing IPV6.
- Working knowledge of TIC/MTIPS circuits.
- Working knowledge of Cloud-ready network
- Working knowledge of configuring and implementing secure enterprise wireless connectivity
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JBLeidos ICBJMETA ICGP400