JOB DESCRIPTION: The successful candidates will support the Operations and Logistics departments performing material forecasting and procurement for the Navy Array Technical Support Center (NATSC), Newport RI. These duties can include, but are not limited to: Research of material requirements; forecast quantities needed based on anticipated operational requirements and/or historical usage rates Researching compliant vendor sources and placing (or assist) orders for material Ensure material ordered conforms to technical specifications and requirements Inventory maintenance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIANCE: High school/vocational school diploma or GED certificate.
5 years of total professional experience in applying policies and procedures relating to ordnance management.
• Previous experience with the use of Microsoft Office Suite (2010, 2013) applications; Word, Excel.
• Previous experience in material requirements forecasting and conformance to standards.
• Previous experience researching and validating vendors to provide specification-compliant materials in the quantities and timeframes required.
• Experience performing online database entry, update, and lookup activities.
• Functional understanding of material specifications, obsolescence, and suitable substitution.
• Recent knowledge and experience with database entry/lookup using the NATSC Depot Application (NDA) and MasterControl.
• Recent experience using the procurement functions of SAP or similar online system.
• Recent experience at NATSC Newport as a Material Coordinator in the planning and estimating shop.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JBLeidos ICBJMETA ICGP400