The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Systems Test Engineer
to work in our Orlando, FL office. Position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance
The position of Systems Test Engineer requires technical expertise to independently design, maintain and enhance a variety of specialized test procedures for a wide range of complex virtual simulation software. This position is an integral part of the product release cycle and is closely tied to the software engineering team. Provides functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, implementation, and test of software applications, including, but not limited to, utility software, development software, product software, and diagnostic software. Assignments may include writing test plans, executing test procedures, leading government acceptance testing. The position requires working independently and reports to a manager. Primary Responsibilities:
- Interprets requirements and complex specifications to identify potential technical solutions.
- Ensures adherence and conformance to schedule/cost requirements and to specifications through supervision of the verification, validation, testing and debugging of the virtual simulation training device.
- Participates in the development of automated testing strategies and tests.
- Perform technical analysis of program goals and objectives, requirements analysis, organizational performance assessment, special studies and assist in preparing reports providing conclusions/recommendations
- Capability to review test environment processes, procedures and recommend/implement improvements
- Ability to assist in the development teams with creation of deployment packages
- Capability to provide developers and testers feedback during retrospectives and daily hot wash
- Ability to execute capability tests per development team instructions
- Ability to validate simulation to the standards and industry best practices
EDUCATION amp; EXPERIENCE:
Education Completion of a full course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a Bachelor's or higher degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field. Four (4) years of professional experience can be substituted for two (2) years of the educational requirements. Experience Must possess 4 - 8 years of technical experience in computer hardware and software installation, configuration and administration solving complex DoD engineering and technical problems. Requires competence with software/hardware design and development of large-scale systems, the application of software standards, industry quality assurance, quality control, independent verification and validation techniques, testing standards, and computer assisted software engineering techniques and design philosophies. Must be knowledgeable in some or all of the following:
- Familiarity with virtual and constructive simulations.
- Prior experience with training, test and evaluation, and analysis events and exercises
- Experience using Configuration Management (CM) processes and tools including problem tracking and version control
- Operating Systems (Windows, and Linux Operating Systems installation and administration of software, drivers, and services and experience with commands, file systems, command line scripting, etc.)
- Must possess superior communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- U.S citizenship and the ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Experience with Confluence, JIRA, Bamboo, git, scons, gcc, clang, shell scripting and other industry standard tools a plus
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JBLeidos ICBJMETA ICGP400