Description: The Programmer Analyst will perform the following duties:
Adapt to ever-changing technological trends and stay abreast of the latest development methodologies and framework, and leverage a creative design-first approach to solidify requirements with customers.
Collaborate with a diverse programming workforce within a matrix environment and be able to communicate effectively in obtaining and synthesizing requirements, while working with the team to develop technical solutions that meets mission objectives.
Write organized code and work independently while running a specific concept to ground.
Work with other programmers and business analysts to define functional specifications and execute development plans.
Develop and implement application features as part of an interactive Agile development process.
Additionally, the candidate must possess strong communication and collaboration skills.
BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
Candidates with a high school diploma would need an additional 4 years of experience.
Candidates with an associate's degree would need an additional 2 years of experience.
Basic Qualifications (Must have)
Desired skills (Nice to have but not required)
- Experience with Coding and maintaining Web sites, Web-based systems, and Applications that are required to support multiple leading browsers and versions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Visual Studio toolsets.
- Proficiency in n-tier Web-based systems including presentation, business or application, and data tiers.
- Ability to write and maintain SQL stored procedures and functions
- Ability to document unit testing results, perform analysis of test results, and prepare comprehensive evaluation reports which verify and validate functional and non-functional system requirements.
- Ability to maintain system and documentation.
- Proficiency in creating and using JSON or XML Web Services, proficiency in creating and using Java script and JQuery
- Proficiency in developing mobile web-based systems in HTML5 standards, including hand-held devices such as iPhone and Android.
- Proficiency in coding and maintaining cloud based systems. Computer Science degree preferred.
- Proficiency in coding and maintaining Web-based systems and applications for usability and Web accessibility.
- Ability to synthesize user requirements into system design and into coded implementation that acknowledges technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Proficiency in testing and verifying compliance of Web-based systems and applications to Section 508, OMB, and other federal govt. requirements and/or public facing websites.
- Proficiency in automated regression testing using scripts.
- Knowledge of Design Thinking methodology and experience in working in a design-first organization.
- Working knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop and Axure Rapid Prototyping software
- Presentation and requirements elicitation skills
- Attention to Detail - is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service – works well with clients and other vendors in achieving mission success and is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Strong Communication Skills – be able to expresses key ideas and obtain tangible feedback from cross-functional team members and stakeholders.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving - identifies risks and problems, and be able to conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis to generate and evaluate alternatives and to make recommendations.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JBLeidos ICBJMETA ICGP400