The Health Products and Solutions Group is currently seeing a Sr Firewall Engineer/Admin to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore.
This position is for a Senior Firewall EngineerAdministrator working with a team of Information Security professionals supporting the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). This team is responsible for the installation, administration, and monitoring of a diverse suite of security tools within multiple datacenters. The position requires an individual with a record of success as a team member and motivator and may provide work direction and guidance to other personnel.
A successful candidate will:
· Work with stakeholders to review and implement security policy on firewall devices
· Design, implement, and maintain security standards/policies/procedures.
· Participate in security zone architecture and on-going design changes to ensure adequate security protections while enabling business value and outcomes.
· Implement designed solutions including device configurations while following a change management processes
The candidate must be a self-starter, a disciplined worker and have a professional reputation for integrity. Ability to adhere to the highest standards of ethics and professional conduct are an absolute must.
external referral eligible
BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
· The successful candidate is must have extensive experience with firewalls and an in-depth understanding of computer/network security concepts, VPNs, proxies, and networking.
· Experience designing, deploying, and maintaining boundary security solutions.
· Experience analyzing network traffic, using a variety of network tools to assess security-related events to assist in rapid identification and isolation of issues during incidents and outages.
· Strong troubleshooting skills specific to network security and ability to effectively work in cross functional teams as needed to resolve issues
· Must have the ability to analyze information from multiple sources and apply it to the operational environment in developing and maintaining the security posture of the network
· Experience with IPSEC, VPN, and SSL
· Must have the ability to work independently on multiple tasks
· Experience configuring/administrating various firewall technologies including: Checkpoint, Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto.
· Exposure to Websense proxy configuration and management and RSA 2-factor authentication.
· Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), customer service and teaming skills and strong attention to detail.
· Experience as mentorteam lead providing work direction and guidance to other personnel.
· Industry Security Certifications (CCNA, CCNP, GSEC, CISSP, GCIA, GCFW, or other security certifications)